We love making salad dressings from scratch and our Low FODMAP Balsamic Vinaigrette is the one we turn to most often. The sweet yet tangy flavor profile of balsamic vinegar accents our daily green salad perfectly. All you need is balsamic vinegar, good olive oil and a bit of Dijon mustard.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 1 1/4 cups; 10 servings; serving size 2 tablespoons
• Feel free to use either our Garlic-Infused Oil or Onion-Infused Oil, made with olive oil, of course.
• You can add more or less mustard. Low FODMAP serving size is up to 1 Australian tablespoon per serving, so you have leeway.
• You can add chopped scallion greens or chives if you like.
• Fresh herbs are a nice addition, too. Use your Monash app to look up amounts.
• Some folks like a little honey. Try 1 teaspoon per recipe (it will remain low FODMAP).
• I do not think our recipe needs salt or pepper but feel free to add a little kosher salt and/or freshly ground black pepper if you like.
Storage: If you make the vinaigrette as described in the main recipe, it will keep for several days at room temperature. If you add any fresh ingredients, such as scallions, chives or herbs, then the vinaigrette should be used immediately or refrigerated for 3 days. Bring to room temperature and shake well before using.
Our recipes are based on Monash University and FODMAP Friendly science.
Please always refer to the Monash University & FODMAP Friendly smartphone apps for the most up-to-date lab tested information. As always, your tolerance is what counts; please eat accordingly. The ultimate goal of the low FODMAP diet is to eat as broadly as possible, without triggering symptoms, for the healthiest microbiome.