What’s better than moist chocolaty brownies? Our Low FODMAP One-Bowl Brownies that you can whip up in less time than it takes to preheat the oven. This brownie recipe uses natural cocoa powder for a rich chocolate taste and trust us, they are MUCH more than their looks. They might look “plain”, but their chocolaty flavor and moist texture are anything but. In about 30-minutes you can be eating made-from-scratch brownies that just happen to be gluten-free and low FODMAP.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 8-inch (20 cm) squate pan; 16 brownies; 1 brownie per serving
• You can freeze the brownies, although I am not a huge fan of freezing baked goods as they are always better fresh. Wrap them individually with plastic wrap then place those in a zip-top bag and remove the air. Freeze for up to 1 month.
• You can add ½ cup (55 g) chopped toasted walnuts or pecans.
• Or you could add ½ cup (85 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips.
• Try adding ½ teaspoon powdered instant espresso along with the cocoa.
• Or even try a large pinch of cinnamon to the batter.
Our recipes are based on Monash University and FODMAP Friendly science.
Please always refer to the Monash University & FODMAP Friendly smartphone apps for the most up-to-date lab tested information. As always, your tolerance is what counts; please eat accordingly. The ultimate goal of the low FODMAP diet is to eat as broadly as possible, without triggering symptoms, for the healthiest microbiome.