- 5 Oz Black Fungus Woodear Mushrooms (Auricularia Polytricha) are cultivated all over the world but grown for the commercial dry market almost exclusively in China.
- Woodear mushrooms are believed by many to be good for the heart. The woodear has a firm skin with a slightly crunchy texture and an earthy flavor.
- Curious in texture, intriguing in flavor, and with a contemporary appearance this mushroom is perfect for the hip home cook.
- Basic Preparation: To reconstitute, place desired amount into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 1 oz dry reconstitutes to 9-10 oz
- Many chefs have begun to treat shredded Wood Ear like a pasta as instead of a mushroom. Add them to cold soba dishes, or tangle together with fettuccini and slather in an alfredo sauce for an East-meets-West dish.
There are no reviews yet.