We are so glad you are here!
Most likely you have found us because you have been suffering with IBS and you want answers. Maybe you have heard about the low FODMAP diet, but aren’t sure how to integrate it into your life. You want to be pain and symptom free and you want to be able to eat delicious whole foods, cook for friends and family and stay healthy. We get it. We developed FODMAP Everyday for people just like you – because we needed a resource like this, too!
FODMAP Everyday was founded by lifelong friends Robin Jaffin & Dédé Wilson
We, along with our Success Team, are here to help you thrive.
What You Will Find at FODMAP Everyday – A Quick Overview
OUR GOALS and COMMITMENT
We want to help you every step of the way from The Elimination Phase, through The Challenge Phase and most of all for the extended Integration Phase.
We put the lusciousness and excitement back into your meals.
Our approach isn’t about just getting by. It is about being able to get in the kitchen and cook your Nana’s pot roast and throw kick-ass dinner parties. To be able to go to the farmer’s market, or your own garden, and revel in the colors, flavors and textures of what is ripe and of the moment. We want you to be able to thrive and love food again, because the food you are eating is loving you back.
RELIABLE & SCIENTIFICALLY BACKED INFORMATION
Follow the links to more information on each topic:
MONASH UNIVERSITY and THE LOW FODMAP DIET
- We base our articles and recipe development largely upon Monash University research because they are ground zero for all things FODMAP. They not only developed the diet, but they are on the cutting edge of future developments. We use their resources for the reputable science and we look at FODMAP Everyday as the epicurean/gastronomic and lifestyle piece of the pie.
- Be sure to download the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet™ App. The Monash University low FODMAP smartphone app uses a colored traffic light system to visually denote foods that are low in FODMAPs (Green Light), moderate in FODMAPs (Yellow Light) or high in FODMAPs (Red Light).
- We are also bringing you our exclusive low FODMAP recipes developed in our Test Kitchen and certified through the Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes . You can easily search for them on our Recipe page using the filter.
- When you see this logo you will know you are on a Monash University Low FODMAP Certified™ recipe.
EXPERTISE AT EVERY LEVEL
RECIPES YOU CAN TRUST and ARE DELICIOUS
- Dédé brings over 30 years of professional recipe development to FODMAP Everyday and creates our original recipes in our Test Kitchen. Why does this matter? If you have ever made a published recipe and ended up with poor results, there’s a good chance the recipe wasn’t developed and tested well in the first place. After 12 years as a Bon Appetit magazine editor and 17 cookbooks, she knows her way around the kitchen. Plus, she is a FODMAPer herself, so she knows what you are looking for. In addition, all of our recipes are presented with U.S. volume measurement as well as metric weight. We want to help all of you!
EXPERTS ON OUR TEAM
- Our Success Team is made up, in part, of RDNs who are low FODMAP diet experts and we are working on making them available to you through the HIPPA compliant telehealth platform, so check back for updated details. Each RDN on our team has their own special area of focus and expertise – and you can get to know them here. We recommend that you work with a Registered Dietitian and do not self-diagnose.
- Our Contributors include experts in complementary health fields, including an award-winning acupuncturist and Chinese herbal medicine specialist, an integrative massage practitioner with years of experience helping her clients with gut-related issues, and two other amazing professional chefs and cookbook authors who will add their unique voices and recipes to our growing collection for you!
TOOLS TO HELP YOU THRIVE
CUSTOMIZED FOR YOU!
- We have created a sophisticated recipe filter so that you can find the recipes that work for you, no matter where you are in the phase of the diet and it also addresses your needs beyond FODMAPs. In addition to searching by meal type such as Side Dishes or Desserts or main ingredient you can also sort by Monash Recipe Certified, type of FODMAP and for Quick, Easy, Gluten Free, Vegan and more options.
VISUAL GUIDES FOR SAFE EATING
- Remember, if you see our green it means that the recipe (per serving size) or product will most likely be low enough in FODMAPs for you to try during the Elimination Phase, with the approval of your RDN. This symbol is to be used as a guide for you in your food choices. This is not an indication of actual testing of the foods or product for FODMAP content. We have based our Elimination icon on the FODMAP science available through Monash University and the accumulated aggregated information from reputable RDNs and others who are recognized in this field. We are not offering medical advice and before trying any ingredient while on this diet you should check with your medical advisor.
- Look for this green “e- for Elimination ” icon in our Recipes and Shop.
- Once you have gone through the Challenge Phase you can use our filter to search for recipes that, for instance, are just free of polyols and Oligos, if those are your trigger FODMAPs
PERUSE THE MAIN NAVIGATION BAR
- Under FODMAPs you will find everything science related: What FODMAPs are, a description of the diet, information about the Monash Recipe Certification, a FAQ page, etc.
- Under FOOD you will find our recipes, food related articles, food and product reviews and our exclusive Explore by Ingredient section. We can’t wait to show you all the food that you CAN eat and enjoy, all while maintaining your low FODMAP approach.
- LIFESTYLE is where you will find articles and information on an integrated approach to living with IBS. Learn how acupuncture might help ease your symptoms and how mindful eating would be a good skill to teach the whole family! If you are a teenager who is dealing with IBS, or if you are a pregnant and want to learn more about how to handle your GI issues, you will find all of that and more in this area of FODMAP Everyday.
- We want to build a compassionate COMMUNITY of like-minded people. As we grow we will be adding videos and podcasts and holding Facebook and Twitter chats. You will be able to interact with all of us and we will also feature guests from the FODMAP world. We want to hear about what is important to you! Contact us and tell us what you would like to see and hear. And if you would like to share your own experience with the low FODMAP diet, we want to hear it!
- Which brings us to FODMAP IT!™. This is an exclusive feature where you can send us your favorite recipe – that you think you can’t eat anymore – and we will take it into the Test Kitchen and re-create it for you to comply with the low FODMAP diet.
- And of course, as we bring you all of this fabulous information throughout the site we want you to be able to have access to the things we are talking about, so we created a Shop. Whether you want the best digital scale to help you with portion control, Dédé’s newest book, Robin’s favorite storage containers or our pick for the best garlic-infused olive oil, you will find it here.
HOW TO USE FODMAP EVERYDAY
Here’s what we recommend after you have received a diagnosis of IBS from your doctor:
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO LIVING PAIN FREE WITH IBS
- Find a qualified Registered Dietitian who is knowledgeable about the low FODMAP diet.
- Download the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet™ App and use this as a tool to follow the low FODMAP diet.
- Use FODMAP Everyday for up-to-the-minute information, inspiration and recipes- and support!
Again, we are so glad you found us; we want to be your partner in success. Let us know what you want and need via our Contact page. Let’s take this journey together.
THRIVE with FODMAP EVERYDAY!