Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes at FODMAP Everyday
Monash University, in addition to being the founders of the low FODMAP diet, creating the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet™App and offering a Product Certification Program (for packaged low FODMAP food products) has now also debuted their Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes.
We are thrilled to present the first North American recipes that have been approved by the Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes.
- On our Recipes page you will see our custom-built Recipe Filter (as seen below) and at the very top is the Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes icon and a box for choosing that option.
- Recipes sporting that icon have gone through the Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes, which means that the researchers at the source of this diet have reviewed these specific recipes and determined them to be low enough in FODMAPs to be suitable for the Elimination Phase.
- You can rest assured that those recipes can work seamlessly with your low FODMAP lifestyle.
We are launching with over 50 recipes developed in our Test Kitchen that have gone through the Monash University Low FODMAP Certification Program for Recipes and we will be adding more and more as time goes on.
The certification process is particular and detailed – as it should be – but we know that you want assurance while navigating the low FODMAP diet and we are dedicated to doing whatever we can to help you thrive.
Exclusive FODMAP Everyday Recipe Filter
We are very excited about our exclusive FODMAP Everyday Recipe Filter and want to help you get the most out of it. In order to navigate the low FODMAP diet you need the right tools and we believe our filter can play a significant role.
Here are the highlights:
Our recipe filter can help you during any phase of the diet, Elimination Phase, Challenge Phase or Integration Phase by allowing you to search by individual FODMAP.
- Search by Monash University Certified Recipes – these are all of the recipes that have been fully certified as low FODMAP by Monash University
- Search by recipes that FODMAP Everyday has determined to most likely be suitable for the Elimination Phase by looking for our “e-for elimination” icon. Please read more about this in our About section.
- Search by Individual FODMAP (see further info below):
- OF = Oligos Free
- FXF = Free of Excess Fructose
- PF = Polyols Free
- LF = Lactose Free
- Search by other Dietary Choice:
- GF = Gluten Free
- DF = Dairy Free
- VGN = Vegan
- VEG = Vegetarian
- Search by Dish Type such as Breakfast, Lunch, Comfort Food, One-Dish Dinners or Chicken, and EZ = “Easy” which designates recipes that have 15 minutes or less prep time, and then unattended cooking time or Q = “Quick” for recipes that are ready to use or serve in 30 minutes or less
- Search for our exclusive FODMAP IT!™ recipes
- And you can search by Main Ingredient such as Beef, Cheese & Dairy, Chocolate, Grains or even Onion and Garlic!
To further explain Search by Individual FODMAP, you will notice that there are choices for Oligos Free, Free of Excess Fructose, Polyols Free and Lactose Free. We have listed them in the same order of the Monash University app for continuity and your ease of use.
If, during your Challenge Phase, you determine that your IBS triggers are Lactose and Polyols you can check off those boxes and search for recipes that are free of those FODMAPs. For now we are concentrating on recipes that are Elimination worthy but as time goes on we will be expanding all of the various categories.