A Course Made by Dietitians for Dietitians
Are you a dedicated dietitian looking to expand your expertise and provide exceptional care to your patients struggling with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)?
Do you want to offer tangible solutions that make a difference in their lives?
Perhaps you are new to working with IBS patients and feel overwhelmed by the amount of information you need to understand to optimize a patient’s outcome.
Or perhaps you have been working with IBS patients for some time now but feel a little ‘grey’ on certain areas like the modified low FODMAP diet approach or identifying eating disorders.
Regardless of your experience working in these areas, this course will elevate your practice so that you can provide the life-changing impact that so many people with IBS need.
Why Choose Our Course?
1. Expert-Led Curriculum: Our course is meticulously crafted and presented by dietitians Andrea Hardy and Kirsten Jackson – who have 22 years of experience helping people with IBS.
2. Evidence-Based Approach: We pride ourselves on delivering the latest evidence-based practices in IBS management. Stay ahead of the curve and provide your clients with the most up-to-date information and solutions.
3. Practical Tools and Resources: Whilst the course is evidence-based, it was important to us that we provide RDs like you the practical application which is so often missing in most training courses currently available.
4. Personalized Support: Our course isn’t just about theory; it’s about implementation. Receive personalized support and guidance to help you integrate your newfound knowledge into your practice seamlessly. We’ll also address managing patient expectations when symptoms don’t improve and help you spot potential eating disorders.
5. Cost-Effective (Life-Time Access) Learning: We understand that continuous learning can be financially draining so our course offers lifetime access. Our course offers exceptional value for your investment, ensuring you’re not “fed up” with the costs of maintaining your registration.
6. CEU points: This course is accredited for 8.25 CEU points.
1) An Introduction to IBS
Giving you an overview of what IBS is and our role as a dietitian in helping patients manage this condition.
- What is IBS?
- IBS pathogenesis and diagnosis
- Dietitian assessment
- The Role of a dietitian in IBS
- Managing patient expectations
- Appointment structure and delivery
2) IBS and Lifestyle
By the end this section you will understand how to assess and modify sleep, movement and mental well-being to optimize your patient’s gut health.
- The gut-brain axis
- Mental health disorders and therapies
- Exercise and IBS
- The connection between sleep and the gut
- How to optimise and assess your patients sleep and exercise
3) IBS and Nutrition
This section covers all aspects of nutrition so that you can help your patient manage their IBS symptoms AND improve their longer-term gut health.
- Assessing diet quality
- The importance of a plant based diet for the gut
- Overcoming barriers for your patients
- Dietary drugs: alcohol and caffeine
- The different types of fibre
- How to choose the correct fibre based on symptoms
- Creating fibre specific goals for IBS patients
- Fat and the Gastro-Colic Reflex
4) The Low FODMAP Diet
The section covers the low FODMAP diet process from both the scientific background and the practical implementation.
- Low FODMAP diet overview
- Predicting response?
- The low FODMAP restriction phase
- Fructose loading
- Lactose intolerance
- FODMAP stacking
- The low FODMAP diet reintroduction phase
- The personalization phase
- Support vegan patients
- Cultural considerations
- What to do when the low FODMAP diet fails?
- Common mistakes
- Eating out
- Helpful tools
5) Bonus Content
The bonus content includes additional areas of knowledge that will support your practice in helping those with IBS.
- Pharmacological intervention
- Alternative diagnosis
- Eating disorders and IBS
Kirsten Jackson is a UK registered Consultant Gastroenterology dietitian. After graduating from The University of Hertfordshire in 2012, Kirsten has gone on to open an online IBS clinic helping 1000’s of people around the world. Kirsten is also an expert advisor to The IBS Network and represents The British Dietetic Association as an official media spokesperson. You can learn more about Kirsten on her Instagram page @the.ibsdietitian or listen to her podcast ‘Take Control‘
Andrea Hardy is a registered dietitian from Calgary, Canada where she runs a multi-disciplinary digestive health practice called Ignite Nutrition. She specializes in gut health & gastrointestinal diseases and is recognized in the media as Canada’s Gut Health Expert. She is passionate about translating science into ‘easy to digest’ information to support a healthy gut. She has spoken on the TEDx stage, as well as internationally about digestive health. Follow her on Instagram at @andreahardyrd or tune into her gut health podcast ‘Let’s Gut Real’ which is all about making nutrition science easy to digest!
Your Investment in Excellence
Invest in your professional growth and your ability to transform the lives of those suffering from IBS.
Enroll in ‘The Dietitian’s IBS Course’ today and gain the expertise to become the go-to dietitian for IBS management in your community, equipped to tackle all your challenges.
Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your career, provide invaluable support to your patients, and make a lasting impact. Take the first step towards becoming an IBS management expert.
Click the button below to enroll and embark on your journey toward becoming an IBS management specialist.
Invest in yourself, and let’s help your patients live their best lives with IBS management expertise that sets you apart.
Join us today, and let’s transform lives together!