Everything You Need To Know For Creating Successful and Delicious Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free and Low FODMAP Baked Goods
This entire book is about yummy baked goods and desserts, from simple muffins to rich cheesecakes and other recipes that make our lives just a little bit sweeter, like cookies, bars, cupcakes and scones.
It is perfectly possible to enjoy baked goods while following the low FODMAP diet – even during the Elimination phase!
275 Pages of Deliciousness and Expert Instruction
This e-book is a primer on low FODMAP baking and includes fabulous FODMAP Everyday® recipes developed in our own professional test-kitchen, I have over 30 years of professional recipe development experience and baking is a particular specialty.
I am also trained on the use of the low FODMAP diet for IBS by Monash University, and accredited by FODMAP Friendly as a reputable FODMAP educator. Our brand FODMAP Everyday® is also accredited by FODMAP Friendly as an approved FODMAP resource.
We want to be your low FODMAP baking resource!
You will find basics like Pie Crust, Vanilla Frosting, Chocolate Cupcakes and Chocolate Chunk Cookies and recipes for Cornbread Muffins, Red Velvet Cake, Cream Puffs, crisps, cobblers, popovers, pastry cream and more.
This e-book in jam-packed with over 60 recipes for your low FODMAP enjoyment, as well as many pages of tips and instruction unique to this book.
This book is for all of you, who like me, are following the low FODMAP diet and love your baked goods and desserts, too!
Here is the TOC from our book:
Chapter 1: Low FODMAP Baking Basics
- Rimmed Half-Sheet Baking Pans
- Electric Mixer
- Quality Measuring Implements
- Ovens & Oven Thermometers
- Candy & Instant Read Thermometers
- Oven Rack Positioning & Oven Hot Spots
- Scales – Opt for Digital
- Baking Pans
- Pastry Brushes
- Icing Spatulas & Cake Decorator Turntables
Flour & Flour Blends
- The Low FODMAP Diet Is Not Gluten-Free
- Flour Blends That We Use
- Choosing a Low FODMAP All-Purpose Flour
- Make Your Own Flour Blend
- Do You Want or Need Your Flour to Be Gluten-Free?
- Are You Using Flour Primarily for Cooking or Baking?
- Are You Sensitive to Gums?
- Do You Want to Avoid Dairy Ingredients?
- Do You Want the Convenience of a Ready-Made Flour Blend?
- Make Your Own Flour Blend
- Choices Count
- Commercial Flour Blends: Ingredients
- Using Low FODMAP Flour Blends
- Low FODMAP Flour Blends with Xanthan Gum
- Baking Soda vs. Baking Powder
- Is The Diet Dairy Free?
- Substituting Lactose-Free Dairy for Regular Dairy
- Notes on Lactose-Free Cream Cheese
- You Can Have Cream & Whipped Cream
- Cottage Cheese & Ricotta
- Making Perfect Whipped Cream
- Saving Over-Whipped Cream
All About Chocolate
- How to Choose & Use Chocolate
- Use What Is Suggested
- Chocolate & FODMAPs
- Read Chocolate Labels
- Chocolate Chips vs. Bulk Chocolate
- Buying Chocolate
- Cocoas Are Not All The Same
- Recommended Chocolate Products
Other Tips & Techniques
- Measuring Flour & Dry Ingredients
- Dip & Sweep
- Cutting Cakes & Bar Cookies
- Large Platters
- Storing desserts
- How to Make a Recipe Your Own
- What Went Wrong?
- Substitution Dos
- Substitution Don’ts
Chapter 2: Basic Low FODMAP Baking Recipes
- FODMAP Everyday® All-Purpose Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Gum-Free Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Gluten-Free Self-Rising Flour Blend
- All-Butter Pie Crust
- Crostata & Tart Crust
- Pâte à Choux
- Buttermilk Quick Bread with Variations ★
- Everybody’s Favorite Muffins
Dédé’s Tip: Cakes, Frostings & FODMAPs
- White Layer Cake
- Yellow Layer Cake
Dédé’s Tip: How to Bake Fabulous Low FODMAP Cakes
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Simple Vanilla Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
Dédé’s Tip: How to Decorate Fabulous Low FODMAP Cakes
- Cooked Vanilla Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Italian Meringue Buttercream
Dédé’s Tip: How to Reconstitute Italian Meringue Buttercream
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Lactose-Free Pastry Cream
- Lemon Curd
- Royal Icing
Chapter 3: Muffins, Quick Breads, Popovers, Scones & a Shortcake
- Cornbread Muffins
- Lower Fat, Reduced Sugar Banana Bread
Dédé’s Tip: Baking Fabulous Muffins & Cupcakes
- Cranberry Quick Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Gluten-Free Popovers
- Rhubarb Scones
- Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Strawberry Shortcake with Buttermilk Biscuits
Chapter 4: Cookies, Bars & Brownies
Dédé’s Tip: How to Bake Fabulous Low FODMAP Cookies & Bars
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Decadent Chocolate Brownies
- Browned Butter Pecan Blondies
- Rolled Sugar Cookies
Dédé’s Tip: Baking Low FODMAP Cookies on Half-Sheet Pans
Dédé’s Tip: Using Parchment Paper to Prevent Overbaking
- Happy Birthday Cookie
- One-Bowl Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Ménage a Trois
Dédé’s Tip: How to Make Gorgeous, Round Bakery-Style Low FODMAP Drop Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons
- Cacao Nib Almond Meringues
- One-Bowl Oatmeal White Chocolate Chunk Espresso Cookies with Hazelnuts
Chapter 5: Cakes & Cupcakes
- Teeny Tiny Low FODMAP Coconut Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake
- Red Velvet Layer Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Gingersnap Crust
- Rustic Rhubarb Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easy Streusel Coffeecake
Chapter 6: Pies, Tarts, Crisps & Cobblers
Dédé’s Tip:Pie Crust 101 for The Perfect Pie
- Blueberry Pie
- Fresh Strawberry Tart
- Lemon Tart in a Shortbread Crust
- Fourth of July Slab Pie
- Maple Pumpkin Pie with Lemon & Ginger
- Gingersnap Lemon Cheesecake Pie ★
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Chapter 7: Eclairs, Cream Puffs, Profiteroles, Doughnuts & Crullers
- Cream Puffs
- Sour Cream Cake Doughnuts
About Monash University Low FODMAP Training Certification
Monash University, the originators of the low FODMAP diet, offer comprehensive FODMAP training geared towards dietitians and health professionals. Having completed the course, Dédé is considered trained on the use of the low FODMAP diet for IBS by Monash University. It was important to us at FODMAP Everyday® for Dédé to undertake the training so that you, as our community, can rest assured that our approach to the low FODMAP diet is as up-to-date and reliable as possible.
About FODMAP Friendly Accreditation
FODMAP Friendly has an accreditation program for recipe developers who can demonstrate excellence and professionalism in their expertise in FODMAPs and recipe development. Both FODMAP Everyday®, and Dédé as an individual, have been accredited by FODMAP Friendly. The FODMAP Friendly icon is a mark designed to help consumers identify reliable and reputable sources for FODMAP information.
Shopping Links in This Book
We have provided a one stop place for you to shop for the tools and some of our favorite low FODMAP ingredients in this book. Come visit our FODMAP Everyday® Amazon Low FODMAP Store where we have gathered our recommended products in one easy to shop from location.
You will see when you come to our shop that we have created a folder where we have put all of the products noted in this e-book if Amazon US sells it. Please note that this is for Amazon US. We are currently building our Amazon UK, AU and CA Shops – and future issues of this e-book will have links for that those as well.
Affiliate Disclosure: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”