Lactose-Free Cheesecake Pie is Easy to Make
So one day I was dreaming about creamy lactose-free cheesecake pie scented with lemon and vanilla nestled in a crispy, crunchy pat-in crust. And one of the benefits of being a recipe developer is that I can make dreams like this come true!
Behold our stunning lactose-free cheesecake pie, using lactose-free cream cheese and a Cinnamon Pecan Seeded Pat-In Pie Crust made with FODY Cinnamon Seed Crunch breakfast cereal. Easy, crisp, crunchy, delicious and super quick to make.
We thought the pomegranate added a really festive touch. You can see we also tried a version with the addition of kiwi: both low FODMAP fruit, in the correct portions.
To learn more about Blind Baking Pie Crust, make sure to check out that article.
This Recipe is Sponsored by FODY Foods.
Lactose-Free Cheesecake Pie with Pomegranate
This cheesecake is lactose-free and easy to make. The pat-in crust is foolproof.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 1, 9-inch (23 cm) pie; 12 servings
- 1 pound (455 g) lactose-free cream cheese, divided, such as Green Valley Organics
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 cup (99 g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 ounces (55 g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 green kiwi, optional
- Have the crust already partially baked and cooled.
- Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Place about half of the cream cheese (you can do this by eye) in a mixing bowl and blend well with an electric mixer to smooth it out. Add the beaten eggs, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and pinch of salt and beat just until blended. Beat in remaining cream cheese until entire mixture is creamy and smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn heat down to 325°F/165°C and continue to bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or just until edges of the cheesecake are set. The center should remain a little less done. It will firm up upon cooling. Cool pie.
- Add fruit decoratively, as desired. Refrigerate pie at least 2 hours before serving. Pie will keep, lightly covered, in refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve chilled.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!