Easy-to-Make Low FODMAP Horseradish Crusted Roast Beef
We can never get enough quick and easy holiday or party dishes and this Low FODMAP Horseradish Crusted Roast Beef fits the bill. You can prepare this roast in the time it takes the oven to preheat. And after it goes in the oven, it doesn’t need your attention – so that you can focus on side dishes, or setting the table – or just relaxing!
Buy The Best Meat To Start With
This recipe for Low FODMAP Horseradish Crusted Roast Beef is all about using a quality piece of meat. There are two cuts of meat that we like to roast. Rib roasts is one of them – and while they are delicious, they are pricey. The second, more economical cut is top sirloin, sometimes called “spoon roast”, because it can be so tender that you can cut it with a spoon!
I used a 3 pound (1.4 kg) spoon roast for this recipe, but you can adapt this recipe for slightly smaller or larger roasts by adjusting cooking time.
If you want a more dramatic presentation, check out our Standing Rib Roast – with 3 Ingredients!
Horseradish is Low FODMAP
Many people complain that low FODMAP food is bland…well, if you take a look around the site I think you will see that we do a pretty good job at blowing that idea out the window!
Condiments can be overlooked, and they are fantastic ways to bring flavor – and convenience – to your low FODMAP cooking. Horseradish is low FODMAP in amounts of 2 Australian tablespoons or 42 g, which is quite generous. A little of this goes a long way. Here it is combined with salt, pepper, Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, Fody Lemon & Herb Blend and butter to create a delectable self-forming crust on our tender roast beef.
By the way, check out our article The Ultimate Guide to Low FODMAP Condiments, for a deeper dive.
We love this Low FODMAP Horseradish Crusted Roast Beef with our Low FODMAP Mashed Sweet Potatoes, as pictured, but it is great with any potatoes! How about Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream & Chives? Or Mashed Potatoes for a Crowd? And don’t forget a green vegetable, like our Triple Onion Green Beans.
Recipe Sponsored By Fody Foods
Low FODMAP Horseradish Crusted Roast Beef
Our Low FODMAP Horseradish Crusted Roast Beef is super easy to make - yet fancy enough for your most important party or holiday table.
- Position rack in hottest area of oven. Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Place roast in roasting pan. Very generously season the roast all over with salt and pepper; go for it liberally.
- Stir together the softened butter, oil and Fody Lemon & Herb Spice Blend in a small bowl until combined, then stir in the horseradish. Use a combo of a silicone spatula and tour hands to slather this mixture all over the roast beef. Place the roast with the fattier portion facing up.
- Roast the beef for 45 minutes, then check the temperature. Roast until 125°F/54°C for medium rare. The exact timing will largely depend on the temperature of the roast when it goes in the oven. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes to allow juices to distribute. Slice and serve! Any leftovers make the BEST SANDWICHES EVER!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday® Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday® is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!