Passion Fruit & Coconut Are Low FODMAP In the Right Amounts
I LOVE passion fruit. I also live in the U.S. so these are exotic fruit for us. They taste like a vacation to me and I knew that I wanted to create a non-alcoholic beverage that would feel fancy, sipping from decorative stemware, yet contained no alcohol and of course was low FODMAP.
This drink, which I have dubbed “Passion for Coconut”, also includes a delicate coconut flavor from coconut sparkling water.
La Croix Sparkling Water
I was in that very non-tropical city of Denver taping my Coffee Cake video class for Craftsy, when it was time to order lunch. The food stylist ordered coconut La Croix sparkling water.
I was unfamiliar with the brand at that time, but the beverage sounded right up my alley, so I followed suit. And never looked back.
Low FODMAP Beverages in MANY Flavors
Our FODMAP Everyday®Monash University trained Success Team RDN Vanessa Cobarrubia called the manufacturer about the natural flavors in the La Croix beverages and ALL of the flavors have received a go-ahead from her as low FODMAP!
Passion Fruit is Low FODMAP
Monash University has lab-tested passion fruit and it is low FODMAP in servings of 46 g per serving. Monash says this pulp is derived from 2 fruits.
These would be very small passion fruit. Our single passion fruit yielded the 36 g/2 tablespoon amounts that we used for 1 serving.
So pick a pretty glass and in less than 5 minutes you will be sipping our Low FODMAP Passion for Coconut drink. Consider it a mini-vacation, on us!
Like fruit drinks? Try our Pina Colada, too!
Low FODMAP Passion for Coconut
Low FODMAP Passion for Coconut is a quick-to-make thirst quenching beverage.
- 2 tablespoons (36 g) passion fruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup, or to taste
- 6 ounces coconut sparkling water, such as La Croix
- Slice of lime
- Simply whisk the passion fruit pulp and Simple Syrup (to taste) in your glass. Top with coconut sparkling water, garnish with lime and serve.
- When shopping for passion fruit, look for VERY wrinkled fruit. If they are smooth, they are unripe.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!