Easy Low FODMAP Rhubarb Ginger Syrup
This low FODMAP Rhubarb Ginger Syrup makes some of the best cocktails and mocktails. It is a little sweet, a bit tart, has a hit of ginger – and it is gorgeous!
Rhubarb Has No Detectable FODMAPs
Rhubarb is combined with sugar, fresh ginger and water and simmered together.
The only part that takes any special attention is when you strain the mixture; you will need a tiny bit of elbow grease.
If you have spent any time on our site, you know we LOVE rhubarb. Any time we come across an ingredient that contains no detectable FODMAPs, we dive right in and create recipes to bring to you.
I love this Rhubarb Ginger Syrup over ice with sparkling water, but if bubbles do not agree with you, simply pour over ice and water down a bit. A slice of lime is welcomed, as well.
For The Adults
And, if you want a more spirited version, a low FODMAP portion of gin or vodka combine beautifully – as tastefully, literally – as well.
Rhubarb Ginger Syrup
This Rhubarb Ginger Syrup is versatile for mocktails and cocktails.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: 3 quarts (2.8 L); serving size 1/2 cup (120 ml)
Place water and sugar in a large pot and stir together. Add rhubarb and ginger and bring to a simmer, covered. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until rhubarb is completely soft.
Cool slightly, then strain through a fine wire-meshed strainer. Rhubarb Ginger Syrup will last in the fridge up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Staying hydrated is important and sometimes it can be confusing as what to drink while following the low FODMAP diet. This Rhubarb Ginger Syrup is a perfect example of how you can keep it interesting, while still adhering to the diet. Take the time to make this syrup and you will feel like you are treating yourself to something special.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!