This post may include affiliate links. Please see our complete disclosure here.
Equipment Should Work for You
We are huge proponents of using the right tool for the job and by the end of this review we bet you will be running be running out to get OXO Good Grips Poultry Shears.
Sometimes it might not seem so obvious that a piece of equipment could make a difference. For instance, when baking cookies, we recommend using commercial grade half-sheet pans for their heat insulating qualities. If you use a flimsy cookie sheet pan, which sort of looks the same, your cookies will not come out as intended, even if you follow the recipe. After you burn dozens of cookies, you will become a believer.
As for shears, you might not even have a pair dedicated to the kitchen and we think this review will shed some light as to why you need them. They come in particularly handy when spatchcocking a chicken!
How to Choose Kitchen Shears
Scissors for the kitchen should be sturdy enough to cut the backbone out of a chicken or turkey and sharp and precise enough to snip herbs. They should hold a sharp edge, be easy to clean and use and comfortable in your hand. OXO Good Grips Poultry Shears check off all the boxes.
OXO Good Grips Poultry Shears Details
Check out these features and you will see why we use this again and again – and give them as host gifts to our cooking friends.
- They have serrated stainless-steel blades that grip bone and heavy flesh, as when spatchcocking.
- There is a blade notch that helps secure bone while cutting.
- The handle is spring loaded, making using them a breeze.
- Non-slip handles (handy when hands are wet).
- Blades separate for easy and truly sanitary cleaning
- Curved blade allows access to hard-to-reach places
- The handles lock in place (red tab in images) for safe storage.
- Satisfaction guarantee from OXO.
As with so many OXO products, these are an excellent design, with all the functionality we need and very well made. They wash easily by hand (dishwashing not recommended) and even arthritic hands find them easy to use.
Have you tried this product? Let us know what you think in the comments below!