Drink Your Veggies!
This Cucumber Wasabi Gimlet is just delicious. It is a perfect balance of sweet, clean, and spicy, plus it is an amazing green color. It would be a perfect batch cocktail to serve at a summer party.
Feel free to double or even quapruple the recipe, but remember to adhere to the appropriate serving size of 3 ounces (90 ml).
Let’s Make A Cucumber Wasabi Gimlet
You need cucumber juice. You can either use a juicer for the cucumbers, or a box grater. Either way, begin by scrubbing your cucumber to remove any wax and cut off the ends. We also recommend using organic cucumbers.
If using the box grater, grate your cucumber using the large holes into a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Really squeeze the cheesecloth to get as much juice as possible. One medium cucumber (@200 grams) should yield roughly 8 ounces of juice.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
And while you are juicing cucumbers, check out our Cucumber Lime Mint Agua Fresca, too.
Cucumber Wasabi Gimlet
Our Cucumber Wasabi Gimlet is easy to make and packs a spicy punch!
- 1/8 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces cucumber juice
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Slices of cucumber or lime optional
In the bottom of your shaker glass place a pea size drop (1/8 teaspoon) of wasabi paste.
Add simple syrup and stir until the paste is thoroughly mixed with the syrup.
Add cucumber juice, gin, lime juice and ice. Shake vigorously until you see chips of ice floating in the drink.
Strain into two martini glasses, garnish with a slice of cucumber, lime, or both. Serve immediately.
- No need to give up tasty and beautiful spirited beverages while following the low FODMAP diet. Your choice of glassware can enhance your drink considerably. Pull out your fanciest barware!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!