Agua fresca means cool water in Spanish and is a light, refreshing, non-alcoholic drink. It can be any combination of fruit, herbs, water, sugar, seeds, or cereal. This one is great for a party because it’s a great color and most people like the cucumber, mint, and lime combo – which is low FODMAP.
You will need to make our Simple Syrup first.
And if you are looking for a cocktail with spirit, check out the Not a Paloma.
Cucumber Mint Lime Agua Fresca
This Cucumber Mint Lime Agua Fresca is non-alcoholic and incredibly refreshing. Low FODMAP, too! Try to find organic and unwaxed cucumbers.
- 2 medium (400 g) cucumbers, preferably organic and unwaxed, washed well, with ends cut off and discarded
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- ½ cup (120 ml) lime juice
- 3 cups (720 ml) plain seltzer
- Juice your cucumbers, either in a juicer, or by grating them on a box grater on the side with the largest holes, and then straining the grated cucumber into a blender.
- Add mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup. Blend for about 30 second on high until combined.
- Divide between four glasses, add ice, top with seltzer.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!