How to Make Your Own Low FODMAP GF Flour Blend
Are you looking for a DIY low FODMAP, gluten-free flour blend that does include gums? Then this FODMAP Everyday® All-Purpose Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Flour is for you.
This blend is meant to mimic Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, which does contain xanthan gum, and which we like very much in the Test Kitchen.
If you are looking for a DIY blend without gums, please check out our Gum Free Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
If you are interesting in reading about gums, check out our Are Xanthan Gum & Guar Gum Low FODMAP?
Want to read more about choosing low FODMAP Flours? We have an article.
If you enjoy reading about flour comparisons in detail, check out Annalise Roberts’ blog, My Gluten Free Table.
FODMAP Everyday® All-Purpose Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Flour
This is a DIY version of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, which does contain xanthan gum. We call this our FODMAP Everyday® All-Purpose Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Flour.
Makes about 4 cups (800 g); serving size 1/2 cup (50g)
- 1 cup (204 g) sweet white rice flour, such as Bob's Red Mill Sweet White Rice Flour
- 1 cup (160 g) brown rice flour, such as Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1 cup (192 g) potato starch (not potato flour) such as Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup (68 g) sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) tapioca flour or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Simply whisk the ingredients together very well. Store at cool room temperature in an airtight jar. Whisk again before measuring to use in recipes. Use within 3 months.