Looking for a Hot Anti-Inflammatory Beverage?
Look no further than this Low FODMAP Anti-Inflammatory Cacao from our friend Danielle Capalino MSPH, RD, CDN. Her newest book, from which we shared the recipe, is Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach Drinks: 75 Low-FODMAP Tonics, Infusions, and More. The book has hot drinks, cold drinks, even sippable soups, broths and smoothies – and a few cocktails.
Super-Charged Hot Cacao
This hot beverage is super simple to make and combines cacao with turmeric as well as coconut oil for a rich, chocolaty experience!
Excerpted with permission Published by Countryman Press. Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach Drinks: 75 Low-FODMAP Tonics, Infusions, and More by Danielle Capalino MSPH RD CDN.
Note from Danielle: After testing hundreds of recipes for this book, this is one I come back to over and over again (most nights). It is such a satisfying snack after dinner.
Low FODMAP Anti-Inflammatory Cacao
Low FODMAP Anti-Inflammatory Cacao is a perfect cold weather, hot beverage. Cocoa is low FODMAP if stick to appropriate serving sizes.
- 1 cup (240 ml) lactose-free milk, almond milk, or hemp milk
- 2 heaping teaspoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat or in a milk-frothing machine. Add the cacao powder, coconut oil, and turmeric, and stir to combine.
- Please note that the Nutrition Info is based on unsweetened almond milk.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.