How to Make a Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino
In the mood for a little caffeine and a nice little nip of vodka? This Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino is indulgent and oh-so-tasty, and just for the adults!
It combines chilled brewed coffee, a little bit of our Chocolate Ganache (hence the “mocha”), lactose-free dairy half-and-half vanilla flavored vodka.
Coffee Can Be a Gut Irritant
Coffee can be low FODMAP but the caffeine can also be a digestive irritant for many. Know your tolerance!
Make the Coffee Ice Cubes Ahead
I like to use coffee flavored ice cubes so as not to dilute the drink with water. This, of course, necessitates planning ahead. At least a day ahead, make double the amount of your morning coffee and use the leftovers to make the cubes.
About the Vanilla Flavored Vodka
I used Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka for this recipe. I have had communication with the company and the flavorings used for the vodka, in the quantities of vodka recommended in the recipe, should be low FODMAP.
Brush Up On Cream
We have an in-depth article for you that explains all of the cream terminology in the Monash app – including a handy chart so that you can compare cream nomenclature in the U.S., UK and Australia.
Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino
It is super simple to make frappuccinos at home. Our version of this Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino contains alcohol and is for adults only!
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate Ganache, melted
- 1 tablespoon lactose-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla vodka
- Coffee Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Whisk the coffee, melted ganache, half-and-half and vodka together in a tall glass until well mixed. Add the coffee ice cubes and top with optional whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if using. Serve immediately.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you could add a little bit of Simple Syrup.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.