How to Make a Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino
In the mood for a little caffeine and a nice little nip of vodka? This Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino is indulgent and oh-so-tasty, and just for the adults!
It combines chilled brewed coffee, a little bit of our Chocolate Ganache (hence the “mocha”), lactose-free dairy half-and-half vanilla flavored vodka.
Coffee Can Be a Gut Irritant
Coffee can be low FODMAP but the caffeine can also be a digestive irritant for many. Know your tolerance!
Make the Coffee Ice Cubes Ahead
I like to use coffee flavored ice cubes so as not to dilute the drink with water. This, of course, necessitates planning ahead. At least a day ahead, make double the amount of your morning coffee and use the leftovers to make the cubes.
About the Vanilla Flavored Vodka
I used Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka for this recipe. I have had communication with the company and the flavorings used for the vodka, in the quantities of vodka recommended in the recipe, should be low FODMAP.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino
It is super simple to make frappuccinos at home. Our version of this Low FODMAP Mocha Vodka Frappuccino contains alcohol and is for adults only!
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate Ganache, melted
- 1 tablespoon lactose-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla vodka
- Coffee Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate shavings, optional
Whisk the coffee, melted ganache, half-and-half and vodka together in a tall glass until well mixed. Add the coffee ice cubes and top with optional whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if using. Serve immediately.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you could add a little bit of Simple Syrup.