Let’s Make Low FODMAP Tangy Potato & Egg Salad with Olives & Pickles
I just adore potato salads, but wanted something with ZEST! Like this Tangy Potato & Egg Salad!
In case you haven’t noticed, we have several potato salads you, from a Potato Salad with Fennel and a Cucumber Raita, Potato Salad with Hardboiled Eggs, Potato Salad with Peas & Chives – even a Bacon Potato Salad with Blue Cheese!
This Low FODMAP Tangy Potato & Egg Salad with Olives & Pickles is different from all the rest in that it combines a creamy mayo/sour cream dressing and the vinegary tang of cornichon pickles and black Kalamata olives.
Kids & Adults Follow The Low FODMAP Diet
I was an adventurous eater as a kid and I would have loved this somewhat different potato salad. I would venture to say that not all kids will.
People of all ages follow the low FODMAP diet. If you need to feed a crowd that includes kids, perhaps try the more classic Potato Salad with Hardboiled Eggs.
Save this Low FODMAP Tangy Potato & Egg Salad with Olives & Pickles for when you are grilling with a bunch of adults and want to serve something that is easy to make, goes with everything and that NO ONE will know is diet food.
If you need a quick tutorial on the Perfect Hardboiled Egg, check out that recipe.
Low FODMAP Tangy Potato & Egg Salad with Olives & Pickles
We have several low FODMAP potato recipes for you: this one is creamy yet tangy too, with the addition of cornichon pickles and black olives.
- 1 1/2- pounds (680 g) small yellow-skinned waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 8 cornichon pickles, sliced thickly crosswise
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced thickly crosswise
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup (113 g) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (80 g) lactose-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (10 g) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Transfer to large bowl, cut potatoes in half and toss with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar. Cool further until just barely warm to the touch. Fold in the cornichon, olives and celery; set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Scrape this dressing over the potatoes and fold together well. Then fold in the parsley. Your Low FODMAP Tangy Potato & Egg Salad with Olives & Pickles is ready to serve. I actually like it when it is still a tiny bit warm. You can also chill it down.
- Can be made 1 day ahead. Store refrigerated in an airtight container until needed.
- This recipe works well with any waxy-type potato such as Yukon Gold, or smaller yellow or red-skinned potatoes.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!