I Have Never Made______ (fill in the blank)
For me, it was Maple Dijon Chicken Wings.
It’s a funny thing when a trend or public need pushes me in a recipe development direction that I otherwise would never go. While I cook some sort of chicken dish weekly, and often more frequently, and have for decades, chicken wings were just never part of the rotation.
But, you know, we are here to give the public what they want, and we hear you want chicken wings!
For a chicken wing primer, read All About Chicken Wings. Here we bring you Maple Dijon Chicken Wings with a shower of fresh herbs.
Whether it is the Super Bowl, an Oscar party or just a get-together, wings are a great party dish. Our Maple Dijon Chicken Wings with Fresh Herbs take advantage of FODY Maple Dijon Salad Dressing and give the dish a bright boost with a shower of fresh green herbs: chives, cilantro, dill and parsley.
Quick & Easy Can Be Elegant
I have developed recipes for toddler-age snacks and for elegant, grand parties and I can tell you this – you can make fabulous, elegant, party-worthy food inexpensively. And easily!
This recipe is a perfect example.
Short ingredient list, super-short prep time and yet, as you can see in the image, a gorgeous, enticing result.
Add this chicken wing recipe to your repertoire and make sure to also check out our Sticky Maple Ginger Soy Chicken Wings, Pesto Chicken Wings, 5-Spice Ginger Chicken Wings, and Smoky Spicy Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing as well.
Maple Dijon Chicken Wings with Fresh Herbs
Maple Dijon Chicken Wings with Fresh Herbs are easy to make, using FODY Maple Dijon Salad Dressing.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes about 12 servings; 2 pieces per serving
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds (1.2 kg to 1.4 kg) chicken wings, made up of drumettes and flats (about 24 individual separated chicken wing pieces)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) FODY Maple Dijon Salad Dressing, see Tips
- 1/4 cup (10 g) chopped chives
- 1/4 cup (8 g) chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup (8 g) chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup (8 g) chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Coat a large rimmed sheet pan with nonstick spray.
Place wings on pan and season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle with FODY Maple Dijon Salad Dressing and toss to coat well. Roast for about 35 to 45 minutes or until wings are just cooked through and register 160°F/71°C with an instant-read thermometer.
While the wings are roasting, toss the chopped fresh herbs together. As soon as the wings are done, shower with the fresh herbs and serve immediately.
- I have had success with this recipe making a dressing from scratch, using vegetable oil, cider vinegar, LOTS of Dijon, maple syrup and salt and pepper. Try it!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
Tell Us What You Think
2 comments for “Maple Dijon Chicken Wings with Fresh Herbs”
Hi! I’m going to make this on Tuesday, but need to make the dressing from scratch. Is there a recipe I can use for that? Thanks!
Hi Megan, There is a description in the TIPS area of the recipe of how to approach this from scratch, but not a complete scratch recipe per se, as this recipe was about encouraging folks to use Monash Certified Low FODMAP products such as the Fody dressing.