A Rose Martini for FODMAPers
Sometimes you just want something a little girlie. This Rose Martini fits the bill.
Like full on Legally Blonde, scented resume, tip-snap girlie. This drink tastes like Barbie went all out for Skipper’s bridal shower.
Choose Your Gin
For gin, I use Hendrix if I want a lot of flavor, or Boodles for something more subtle. The roses in this drink have such a lovely scent, I didn’t want a potent gin to interfere.
But if I hear that a gin company is donating to a charity I believe in, I would switch for mixed cocktails. Unless I’m drinking something straight, I’d rather do a little good while I drink.
Dédé’s Note: We do not know the FODMAP content of roses. Susan uses roses to make a lightly floral simple syrup. As with any new and/or untested food, we suggest a cautious approach.
This sophisticated Rose Martini uses roses infused in a simple syrup. They have not been tested for FODMAPs, so taste with prudence and moderation.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons/30 ml) gin
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoons/15 ml) rose simple syrup
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons/30 ml) water
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake until little ice chips break off, strain into a martini glass and serve. I like this in a chilled martini glass.
- Are you surprised that you can have gin? Read more in our article about FODMAPs and alcohol.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!