You Can Enjoy Horseradish on the Low FODMAP Diet
Monash University continues to test ingredients, constantly expanding the knowledge we need to be able to make smart, low FODMAP decisions – and add new foodstuffs to our repertoire, like this Lactose-Free Sour Cream Horseradish Sauce.
Horseradish was recently added and the timing was perfect! We were working on our Standing Rib Roast and in our pre-FODMAP days we would have served a horseradish sauce. We saw the update and it was time for celebrating!
And just in time to serve with our 3 ingredient spectacular roast.
This Lactose-Free Sour Cream Horseradish Sauce is very easy to make and incredibly flavorful.
This condiment is great slathered on sandwiches, too. If you have it around, you will think of ways to use it. It can even sub in for a last minute crudité dip!
Place the horseradish in a fine-meshed strainer and press with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible before using horseradish in recipe. It should look dry.
Lactose-Free Horseradish Sauce
Lactose-Free Horseradish Sauce is quick to make and works well with our Standing Rib Roast or even as a condiment for sandwiches.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes about 1 cup (240 g); serving size 2 tablespoons
- Simply stir all of the ingredients together. Taste and adjust to your liking. You might want a little more or less of one ingredient or the other. Sauce is ready to use or may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Re-stir right before serving.
- Read the labels when buying prepared horseradish. We like brands that contain only horseradish, vinegar and salt.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!