Easy to Make Low FODMAP BLT Omelet with Blue Cheese
I, for one, cannot get enough of the classic combination of Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato. Check out our BLT Pasta for another take on this combo – and we have an awesome video of it being prepared, as well (you can see it at the end of the recipe COMING soon).
But this recipe is about BLT for breakfast in the form of a BLT Omelet – and I couldn’t resist adding some Blue Cheese, because, why not?
Or, how about breakfast for dinner? This BLT Omelet makes a lovely light supper, in which case you might want a larger serving. The recipe is super simple and makes a perfect brunch or lunch dish, too.
Blue Cheese, Feta, Your Choice
Are you wondering is blue cheese is low FODMAP? It is! Read our article, Is Cheese Low FODMAP? and learn how to tell if ANY cheese is low FODMAP, whether it has been lab tested or not.
No blue cheese in the house? Other cheeses work well, too. Feta, in particular, is a nice variation.
This is super simple and makes a perfect breakfast, brunch or lunch. Or even a light dinner, in which case you might want a larger serving.
You might also enjoy reading our article Is Bacon Low FODMAP? There are things to know when shopping for bacon – learn what to look for on the labels to stay IBS symptom free.
Low FODMAP BLT Omelet with Blue Cheese
We've combined bacon, lettuce and tomatoes (BLT) with blue cheese in an omelet. As satisfying for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Quick to make, too.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 pieces of cooked crisp bacon, crumbled or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces (55 g) crumbled blue cheese (works great with feta, too)
- Handful of baby lettuces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Whisk the eggs very well in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the water, season with salt and pepper, then add tomatoes, bacon, cheese and lettuce and whisk all together very well.
Melt the butter in a large skillet (I like nonstick) over medium heat until bubbly. Pour in the omelet mixture and cook over medium heat until bottom is beginning to set. Use a spatula to draw in the edges of the omelet gently to allow the still liquidy portions to flow towards the edges and contact the pan, tilting the pan if necessary to facilitate the process. Continue to cook until the omelet has a tiny bit of moisture left to it, but isn’t wet, nor overly dry. Fold one half of omelet over onto the other half, slide onto a plate and serve immediately.
- You can make fantastic omelets in all sorts of pans. If you are new to omelet making and have a nonstick, they work quite well and we highly recommend using one. A well-seasoned cat-iron works well. too. Hardly anyone has a classic French omelet pan, but if you do, put it to work!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!