Low FODMAP Buffalo Shrimp Pasta
Take a look at these images. And then imagine diving into slurpy, long strand spaghetti, tender briny shrimp, the complexity of blue cheese, garlicky butter sauce, fresh chives and a zesty hot sauce.
That’s our low FODMAP recipe for Low FODMAP Buffalo Shrimp Pasta! And it comes together in less than 30 minutes making it a perfect weeknight dish, yet it is elegant and special enough for guests.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, this Low FODMAP Buffalo Shrimp Pasta is for you!
The Blended FODMAP Family
Or, perhaps some of the folks in your family or home are following the low FODMAP diet and some are not. There is no need to make two meals! That’s what all of our low FODMAP recipes are about…being delicious enough for everybody.
There is a reason our motto revolves around teaching you to THRIVE on the low FODMAP diet; we are anti-deprivation! We promise you, one taste of our Low FODMAP Buffalo Shrimp Pasta and you will instantly agree – this recipe is a crowd pleaser, whether you are FODMAPian or not.
And if you are a seafood and pasta lover, be sure to check out our Low FODMAP Pasta with Clams & White Wine Sauce, too.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see our complete disclosure here.
Low FODMAP Buffalo Shrimp Pasta
Do you love Buffalo chicken wings? Then you are gonna love this Low FODMAP Buffalo Shrimp Pasta dish! It is really quick and easy, too.
- 8- ounces (225 g) low FODMAP gluten-free spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Garlic-Infused Oil, made with vegetable oil, or purchased equivalent
- 1/3 cup (24 g) minced chives
- 1 pound (455 g) large (26 to 30 count) shrimp, deveined, tail on or off
- 3- ounces (85 g) blue cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Low FODMAP hot sauce such as Tabasco or Texas Pete
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti until very al dente (it will cook again in the saucepan). Reserve ¼ cup (60 ml) of the cooking water, then drain the pasta well.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter and Garlic-Infused Oil to a large saucepan over medium heat to melt the butter. Add chives and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and toss until the shrimp just turn pink - just a minute or two. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and taste. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Add pasta and toss with tongs adding a little reserved cooking water ONLY if necessary to help the sauce coat the spaghetti (I often do not need any at all). Serve immediately.
- When buying frozen shrimp, make sure that they are not treated with either sodium bisulfite, an industrial bleaching agent, or sodium tripolyphosphate (STP), a rehydrating agent. Also, some foreign shrimp might also be treated with antibiotics that are banned by the FDA.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!