Oyster Mushrooms ARE Low FODMAP
Following the low FODMAP diet and have a hankering for mushrooms? Us too! Thankfully Monash University has lab tested oyster mushrooms and have determined them to be low FODMAP in incredibly generous portions of 75 g (2 3/4 ounces), which is about 1 cup. This recipe for easy Low FODMAP Marinated Mushrooms is a fabulous way to enjoy them – as an appetizer or quick nibble.
You can make this recipe in a mere 5 minutes! It is so simple that even if you do not consider yourself a cook, you CAN make them. Read through the recipe and you will see how quickly this comes together.
Note that the required 10 ounces (280 g) of oyster mushrooms is the amount AFTER they have been cleaned. They often come with quite a bit of hard stems attached and there will be a bit of trimming and cleaning to do before you assemble the recipe.
These are lovely alongside a cheese or charcuterie board. Or maybe try our Blue Cheese & Cheddar Cheese Ball!
Please note that the Nutritional information is artificially high as the databases take into account all of the olive oil used. You will be consuming a fraction of it.
Low FODMAP Marinated Mushrooms
Low FODMAP Marinated Mushrooms take 5 minutes to make and make a great addition to a cheese and charcuterie board.
- 10 ounces (280 g) cleaned and trimmed oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup (240 ml) plus 3 tablespoons Garlic-Infused Oil or Onion-Infused Oil, made with olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 6 small sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Cool. Scrape into a glass jar and add the remaining ingredients, tasting and adding salt as desired. Allow to sit for at least an hour. Serve with toothpicks.
- These are lovely alongside a cheese or charcuterie board. Marinated Mushrooms may also be refrigerated for up to 3 days in a covered jar. Bring to room temperature before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!