Gorgeous Low FODMAP Meringue Nests with Yogurt Lemon Curd & Berries
This is a lovely party dessert for many reasons. The Meringue Nests and Lemon Curd can be made ahead (see the details within those recipes), you can vary the fillings as you see fit (raspberries only, a low FODMAP berry mixture), and they look fantastic on a big platter!
Lemon Curd & Lactose-Free Yogurt = Creamy Nirvana
Folding lactose-free yogurt into the already tangy lemon curd creates a creamy filling in a flash. The slightly tart flavor pairs so well with the sweet Meringue Nests with Yogurt Lemon Curd.
The only trick is to fill the nests close to serving time so that you preserve the distinct and contrasting textures of the crispy meringue, the smooth, cool yogurt lemon curd filling and the juicy, fresh berries.
Watch Your FODMAPs
I have left the amount of berries for you to determine, as you might like to mix and match what you use.
Thoroughly acquaint yourself with the proper low FODMAP levels of blueberries and raspberries and create your desserts accordingly.
Strawberries have no detectable FODMAPs and can be used more liberally!
Meringue Nests with Yogurt Lemon Curd & Berries
These Meringue Nests with Yogurt Lemon Curd & Berries are fancy enough for a dinner party and will satisfy FODMAPers and non-diet followers alike.
Within 30 minutes of serving time, arrange the Meringue Nests on a display platter.
Gently fold the Lemon Curd and yogurt together in a small bowl, then divide evenly and spoon into the depressions in the middle of the Meringue Nests. Arrange a low FODMAP appropriate amount of berries on top of each one and serve to ooh and aahs.
- If you have the time, I like to line a wire-meshed strainer with cheesecloth and drain the yogurt for an hour or so before folding it into the Lemon Curd. It results in an extra-thick texture that adds more body to the filling. This isn’t necessary, but it is an effective technique.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!