Learn To Make Our Fennel Rhubarb Gin Spritz
Drink Your Rhubarb! With our Fennel Rhubarb Gin Spritz!
This spirited drink is a little herbal, a little tart, a little sweet, and a lot refreshing! You’re going to have to make a rhubarb purée first, but it’s super easy and delicious.
We want to help you thrive while following the low FODMAP diet, and thirst quenching beverages are part of that, too! Here, low FODMAP rhubarb and fennel combine to create a gin-based cocktail, perfect for the warmer months.
The fennel takes the form of fennel seeds, which add a herbaceous, almost licorice-like flavor.
For more inventive, low FODMAP beverages, be sure to check out the following:
- Blood Orange Ginger Mint Spritzer
- Cranberry Cinnamon Swizzle
- White Wine Spritzer
- Tropical Frosty
- Mint Hot Chocolate
- Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
- Vancouver 75
- Basil Orange Smash
- White Wine Sangria with Basil & Mint
- Moscow Mule
- Rose Martini
Fennel Rhubarb Gin Spritz
This drink is incredibly refreshing. Light with a little bit of a kick from gin. You do have to make a rhubarb purée first, so plan accordingly.
- 1 medium (about 115 grams) stalk of rhubarb, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (99 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) gin (I like Hendrick’s)
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup/60 ml) of sparkling water
- Lime wedge
- Optional: fennel fronds or a slice of rhubarb stalk for serving
For the Rhubarb Purée: Combine rhubarb, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat and cook until mixture is pink and slightly syrupy, about 12 to15 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a blender and purée until smooth (you should have about ½ cup (120 ml) rhubarb purée), you can keep it in your fridge in an airtight container for a few weeks.
For Assembly: In the bottom of a high-ball glass, muddle the fennel seeds with the gin. Add 2 tablespoons of rhubarb purée. Top off with the sparkling water. Add ice, garnish, and serve.
- Some rhubarb is very green when ripe, some is pink and some is deep red. That can all have great flavor, but pink and red varieties will give you a better look.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!