Note: This post may include affiliate links. Please see our complete disclosure here.
Savory Cranberry Sauce As An Intriguing Variation
We love cranberries and enjoy them raw and cooked, sweet, tart – and yes, savory – as in Savory Cranberry Sauce!
This Savory Cranberry Sauce uses classic holiday herbs like sage, rosemary and thyme in addition to sugar and balsamic vinegar to create a less sweet condiment that works perfectly alongside holiday turkeys, pork roasts, roast beef – even weeknight chicken!
We have promised you from the get-go that at FODMAP Everyday® we are going to help you thrive! This isn’t about just getting by! How about using this sauce as a condiment alongside low FODMAP cheeses?
Set out a small crock of it on your cheese board, alongside low FODMAP crackers or bread of course, and be ready for a new taste sensation.
Savory Cranberry Sauce
This Savory Cranberry Sauce uses classic holiday herbs like sage, rosemary and thyme in addition to sugar and balsamic vinegar to create a less sweet condiment that works perfectly alongside holiday turkeys, pork roasts, roast beef - even weeknight chicken!
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes about 2 1/4 cups (630 g) of sauce; 18 servings; serving size 2 tablespoons of sauce
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat until hot. Add chopped scallion greens and sauté for a few minutes, stirring often, until just softened but not browned.
- Stir in spice mixture, cook for a few seconds, then stir in wine, brown sugar, vinegar and cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then adjust the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. It will firm up further upon cooling.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving. May be refrigerated in airtight container for up to one week for best flavor and texture. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Dédé's Quick Recipe Tips Video
- Please read our Explore An Ingredient entry on Cranberries to understand why this dish is low FODMAP.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!