Let’s Make Low FODMAP Charmoula Sauce
This tangy, acidic, bright fresh herb sauce is incredibly versatile. Once you make Charmoula Sauce you will be thinking of things to slather it upon just so that you can have it again!
Charmoula Sauce from North Africa
Charmoula sauce is a North African sauce featuring garlic (garlic-infused oil for us FODAMPers), lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, chiles and lots of fresh herbs. It is easy to make and we particularly love it with Grilled Hanger Steak.
Consider this a new Basic sauce for your low FODMAP repertoire.
Recipe Sponsored By Fody Foods
Charmoula Sauce is a tangy, herb dense sauce that is great on poultry, fish, meat even tofu.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes about 1 1/4 cups (300 ml); serving size 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup (20 g) lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (20 g) lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (16 g) chopped scallions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Garlic-Infused Oil, made with olive oil, or purchased equivalent such as FODY’s
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place parsley and cilantro leaves, scallions, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, cumin, chipotle and cinnamon in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse on and off then process until finely chopped and blended.
- With machine running, drizzle olive oil into mixture just until it combines and thickens. Taste and season with black pepper. Charmoula sauce is ready to use yet know that it improves after an hour as the flavors meld. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to overnight. Use as a marinade before and/or after cooking. Try it on meat, chicken, fish or even tofu.
- This easy but flavor-packed sauce is dependent on the freshness of the herbs. Don't skimp on their quality!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!