This post may include affiliate links. Please see our complete disclosure here.
Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
For February 14th there are two kinds of parties: big and really intimate – as in two of you. These gluten-free, lactose-free, low FODMAP Valentine’s Day Cupcakes work best for the former as they are baked in a batch, and as you can see from the images, you can tailor them a bit so everyone can pick and choose which one speaks to them.
It’s All About the Look
For themed baked goods, like these Valentine’s Day Cupcakes, there are so many decorative elements to choose from. One look at your local craft store or anywhere there are cake decorating supplies and you will have your choice of fluted paper wrappers, sugar decorations and the like.
Have fun and choose what speaks to you. You can find elegant or kitschy, fun and silly to serious and everything in-between.
Start with the Basics
You will need a batch of our Gluten-Free White Cupcakes and also of our Low FODMAP Vanilla Frosting. I frosted some of them with the vanilla frosting as is, and for some of them I added fresh raspberries to the frosting, which creates that pretty pink color – and fabulous fruity flavor.
As for the sugar decorations that go on top, you can pick and choose. They are usually made from low FODMAP ingredients and used in such small quantities that you should be fine.
Valentine's Day Cupcakes
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 24 cupcakes; serving size 1 cupcake
- Have the cupcakes baked and cooled and the frosting prepared. It should be super smooth and ready to use.
- To duplicate what we did, pipe some of the cupcakes with a swirl of vanilla frosting and add sugar decors on top while frosting is freshly applied, so that they will adhere.
- To make the raspberry frosting, add a small handful of fresh raspberries to the vanilla frosting and beat very well until incorporated and smooth. The frosting is very high in fat and the berries contain a lot of water, so getting them to combine will take some doing and the amount of berries that you can add is not endless. For every cup of frosting you can add about 3 berries. You are just going for color and texture so pay attention to the texture of the frosting as you beat it and start by adding just a few berries. I have obviously opted to leave the seeds in, which I like.
- Pipe raspberry frosting as described above.
- Frosted cupcakes are ready to serve or store in a single layer in an airtight container at room temperature and are best served within 24 hours.
- We think picking and choosing cake decorations can be fun! There are truly dozens and dozens of sugar decors to choose from - just read the labels, keep your Monash App handy and find something you love. You might also brush up on our article, What If A Food Has Not Been Lab Tested for FODMAPs?
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!