Easy Low FODMAP Blueberry Limeade
We love a fruity beverage for hot days, to quench our thirst, but we don’t want to overload on FODMAPs. This Low FODMAP Blueberry Limeade is safe even during Elimination Phase and is enjoyed by kids and adults, alike. You can even double the batch and it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
The color of the drink will depend on your blueberries and we have seen it end up more magenta at times and other times more purple. It is always pretty – and very tasty.
For other low FODMAP recipes for drinks, be sure to check out our Strawberry Lemonade, Strawberry Arnold Palmer, Green Kiwi Smoothie, Sparkling Ginger Cranberry Punch and MANY low FODMAP alcoholic drinks as well. Just choose “Beverages” in the filter on our Recipes page.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see our complete disclosure here.
Let’s Get Regular (Girl)
Staying hydrated is important for everyone and for those of us with IBS it is also essential for keeping our bowel movements flowing along. Many of you following the low FODMAP diet are looking for ways to add more fiber to your diet and probiotics can be a boon as well. Regular Girl is a synbiotic, which means is combines both prebiotics (fiber) as well as probiotics in one supplement.
Not only is Regular Girl odorless and tasteless, but it also dissolves completely, meaning there is no residual gritty, stringy or gloppy texture. And, it is Monash University Certified Low FODMAP. Read more about Regular Girl in our Q&A with their Marketing Director Molly Lawson. Regular Girl can help you regulate your bowel movements whether you are IBS-C, IBS-D.
Our Low FODMAP Blueberry Limeade can be enjoyed as is, or it works as a perfect vehicle for trying Regular Girl. See the Tips section of the recipe for more details.
Note that this drink is a balance of sweet/tart. We have kept it on the tarter side and depending on the sweetness of your blueberries, you might want to add more sugar at the end. Sugar is low FODMAP and you can read more about it in our Explore An Ingredient: Sugar.
This recipe was brought to you through the generosity of Regular Girl!
Low FODMAP Blueberry Limeade
This Low FODMAP Blueberry Limeade is a bit festive and perfect for warm weather get-togethers, yet easy enough to make spur of the moment.
- 1 cup (160 g) blueberries
- 1/3 cup (65 g) sugar, plus more if needed
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Lime slices or wedges as garnish; optional
- Place blueberries in a non-reactive mixing bowl, add sugar and mash very well with a potato masher. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then mash some more. Pour mixture into a fine-meshed strainer set over a large pitcher, pressing the mashed fruit very firmly to extract as much juice as possible. Whisk in the water and lime juice. Taste and adjust sweetness, if needed. Pour over ice and add lime slices, if you like. To add Regular Girl, see the Tips, below.
Add one 6-gram serving of Regular Girl to each serving of Low FODMAP Blueberry Limeade and whisk well until dissolved. Your synbiotic drink is ready!
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!