Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies for Everyone!
Some folks think that blondies are brownies poor cousin. Nothing could be further than the truth, especially when they are flavor packed with white chocolate (low FODMAP at 25 g servings), like our Low FODMAP Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies.
For more takes on low FODMAP blondies, check out our Chocolate Chunk Nut Blondies and Spiced Mocha Latte Pumpkin Blondies. and more! (Enter “blondie” into our filter). While you are at it, take a look at our low FODMAP deep, dark Chocolate Brownie, too.
White Chocolate is Low FODMAP
White chocolate contains dairy, but the low FODMAP diet is NOT a dairy-free diet], although it is low lactose. 25 g (a scant ounce) of white chocolate is considered low FODMAP.
This recipe has a total of 115 g (4 ounces) and the bars are cut into 25 servings, so it is a low FODMAP recipe if you stick to serving sizes, even with the other ingredients taken into account.
If you are a brownie and bar fan and want to see a fabulous low FODMAP collection all in one place, check out our article 11 Brownies, Bars and Blondies for Gift Giving! Mix and Match! Gluten Free & Low FODMAP.
Low FODMAP Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies
Looking for a blondie recipe that's just a little different? Try our Low FODMAP Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies!
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 25 blondies; serving size 1 blondie
- 1/2 cup (1 stick; 113 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups (182 g) low FODMAP gluten-free all-purpose flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- Heaping ½ teaspoon baking powder; use gluten-free if following a gluten-free diet
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (213 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 4- ounces (115 g) white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/3 cup (53 g) dried cranberries, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line an 8-inch (23 cm) square pan with aluminum foil or parchment, then coat with nonstick spray.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low-medium heat or in the microwave. Remove from heat, pour into a large mixing bowl (if melted on stovetop) and cool until just warm.
Meanwhile whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
Whisk the brown sugar and vanilla into the melted butter until combined, then whisk in the egg. Fold in the flour mixture until a few floury streaks remain, then fold in the white chocolate and dried cranberries just until combined. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top with a small offset spatula.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center shows a few moist crumbs clinging when removed. The bars should be light golden brown, slightly puffed, and the edges will have just begun to come away from the sides of the pan. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, pull up on foil or parchment to remove bars from pan, then cool bars on rack completely. Peel away foil or parchment and cut into a 5 by 5 grid (25 bars). Store at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container in single layers separated by aluminum foil parchment paper.
- When shopping for white chocolate, check the ingredients and the only fat listed should be cocoa butter and never any oils such as cottonseed oil or soybean oil. Cocoa butter will help high quality white chocolates taste like chocolate and have a super smooth texture.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday® Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday® is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
When baking bars and brownies (and cakes and cupcakes, too!) it is all too easy to over-bake them. I very rarely bake until a toothpick tests clean (without any crumbs clinging) because there will be residual heat on cookie sheet pans and in cake and cupcake pans. The baked products will continue to “bake” somewhat, even when taken out of the oven, which can leads to over-baking. Do not over-bake!