Low FODMAP Recipe for The Best Fall Blondies
Yup, this Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte Blondies recipe has all the flavors that you love in your favorite coffee-shop drink: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and/or allspice and espresso.
The mocha part comes from the combination of coffee and chocolate, in this case miniature chocolate chips. Have I told you recently how much I LOVE creating low FODMAP recipes for y’all??? And when I can present you with a tasty confection like this, it makes all the hours in the Test Kitchen worthwhile.
Texture & Flavor
These are a little soft and cakey, which is just part of their charm and due to the inclusion of the moist canned pumpkin. Do make sure to buy pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling, which is already sweetened.
What Is Pumpkin Spice?
Well, it depends on the brand that you buy! You can read more here, at our sister site Bakepedia, but briefly stated it is a combo of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and then typically either cloves or allspice.
It provides those fabulous fall spice flavors that work so well with pumpkin.
Low FODMAP & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte Blondies
Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte Blondies made low FODMAP! These are a little bit pumpkin, a little bit espresso and a little bit spiced! In a snack worthy bar!
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 25 blondies; serving size 1 blondie
- 1 2/3 cups (241 g) low FODMAP gluten-free all-purpose flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick; 113 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (213 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (81 g) canned pumpkin purée, such as Libby's
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces/115 g) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Coat a 9-inch (23 cm) square pan with nonstick spray, line with a strip of parchment paper to cover the bottom and overhang on two sides; spray the parchment paper as well.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
- Place butter in small pot, melt over low-medium heat and continue to cook until browned. Pour into heatproof mixing bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice and espresso powder. Allow to cool. Whisk in egg and vanilla until combined. Fold in flour mixture until a few streaks of flour remain, then add chips and fold together well. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs clinging and the edges are just coming away from the sides of the pan. Cool on rack. Use overhanging parchment to lift blondies out of pan. Peel away parchment and cut into a 5 by 5 grid into 25 blondies. These Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte Blondies are best the day and day after they are baked. They may be stored wrapped airtight for up to 3 days.
If You Can Tolerate
- Fructans: If you passed the fructan wheat challenge you can sub in all-purpose unbleached flour for the gluten-free flour. (The cake will no longer be gluten free). Use weight equivalents for most accurate results with this substitution.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!