Maple Blueberry Compote
Take two fantastic low FODMAP ingredients, blueberries and maple syrup, combine them and voila – Maple Blueberry Compote! A whole new recipe to add to your FODMAP repertoire.
Watch Your FODMAPs
We love using pure maple syrup and thankfully, it is low FODMAP in small amounts. In fact, since it is made up of a far greater proportion of glucose than fructose, it never veers into high FODMAP territory. The small amounts recommended are due to general healthy eating guidelines.
Blueberries are low FODMAP too, but also in small amounts. For blueberries, larger servings tip the FODMAP scales into fructan territory, so take care.
In other words, only use the recommended serving size or, if you know that you can tolerate fructans well, try a larger amount.
We like it as a compote served alongside goat cheese spread on low FODMAP bread, or on pancakes or waffles.
Maple Blueberry Compote
Two ingredients - maple syrup and blueberries - create this rich, deep dark tangy compote that works well as a pancake topping or serve it chilled alongside soft goat cheese.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes about 1 cup (240 ml); serving size 2 tablespoons
- 1½ cups (224 g) fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir together and bring to a boil over medium heat. Adjust to a simmer and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until a bit thickened. It will thicken further upon cooling. Remove from the heat. May be used warm for pancakes. Cool first if using with cheese as described. Will keep for a week refrigerated in an airtight container.
- We often buy maple syrup in bulk and find it to be most economical. Check to see if you have this availability.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!