Homemade Low FODMAP Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub
This Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub recipe is more of a guide than a full-fledged recipe to using our Low FODMAP Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub. Below you can see the Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub at work on salmon.
And here it is below on a pork chop.
So, first you need to make the rub. And have some olive oil or Garlic-Infused Oil handy. And a heavy skillet. I like cast-iron, but a well-made nonstick can work, too.
PLEASE NOTE that the Nutritional Info is not necessarily accurate. It was impossible to provide for this recipe, since it is simply a loose suggestion as to how to use our Dry Rub.
Blackened Fish, Chicken or Pork with Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub
This "recipe" is a guide to using our Low FODMAP Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub with the protein of your choice.
- salmon filet, pork chop, slab of tofu, boneless chicken breast or thigh
- Low FODMAP Sweet & Spicy Rub
- Garlic-Infused Oil, made with olive oil or vegetable oil
Here's our guide! Pat your protein dry. Use your hands to pat the Low FODMAP Sweet & Spicy Rub in on all sides.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan until shimmering. Add your protein and sear both sides until a bit crispy.
For fish we like to leave it a bit rare. For pork or poultry, turn the heat down and continue to cook until done. Tofu can just be cooked through. Let rest and serve. Our Low FODMAP Pineapple Salsa makes a great accompaniment.
- Please note that the Nutritional Info is just an approximation. It was impossible to provide for this recipe, since it is simply a loose suggestion as to how to use our Dry Rub.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday® Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday® is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!