Easy-to-Make Low FODMAP Mint Salsa Verde
This bright green Mint Salsa Verde comes together easily in the blender by combining parsley, fresh mint, scallions, anchovies, Garlic-Infused Olive Oil and capers.
Let Me Count the Ways
We love our Low FODMAP Mint Salsa Verde slathered on our Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb, but you will think of other uses. It is equally good brushed on grilled or roasted poultry or steak.
Low FODMAP Mint Salsa Verde
Our Low FODMAP Mint Salsa Verde uses fresh parsley and mint with tangy anchovies to make a vibrant sauce that goes beautifully with low FODMAP main proteins.
Low FODMAP Serving Size: Makes about 1 cup (240 ml); serving size 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Garlic-Infused Oil, made with olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (16 g) parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (8 g) mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (32 g) chopped scallions, green parts only
- 2 flat oil-packed anchovy filets
- 1 tablespoon drained brine-packed capers
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil and lemon juice in blender, then add parsley, mint, scallions, anchovies and capers. Pulse the blender on and off then blend until the sauce is smooth, scraping down the blender carafe as needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper. The Low FODMAP Mint Salsa Verde is ready to use or may be refrigerated overnight and brought back to room temperature before using. If it has separated, whisk it together vigorously before using.