Low FODMAP Lime Cheesecake Dip
Do you love cheesecake? Are you eating lactose-free? Have you been MISSING cheesecake from your low FODMAP life?
We’ve got great news for you. We have several low FODMAP cheesecake recipes for you and this Low FODMAP Lime Cheesecake Dip is the easiest one of all.
It is basically an unbaked cheesecake filling in a bowl and you can use all sorts of low FODMAP dippers to help get it into your mouth, such as the fruit shown. (Spoons work great, too!)
Luscious Lemons & Limes
You will need to make our Lemon Curd recipe first, simply substituting lime juice for the lemon juice to make Lime Curd. You could also use the Lemon Curd itself, if you like, but the lime flavor makes this dip almost like a combo of cheesecake and key lime pie and that is pretty fantastic.
Watch Your Portions
With any dip, sweet or savory (have you seen our 7-Layer Dip?) it is very easy to eat too much, taking you into high FODMAP territory.
Please familiarize yourself with our article, What Is A Low FODMAP Serving Size? for a more complete discussion.
A main aspect of this diet is that it is portion/serving size dependent. For instance you might be able to eat a quarter-cup of this dip with assorted fruit, but if you ate double that amount you might trigger IBS symptoms.
Always follow your own tolerances, which you will begin to determine during the Challenge Phase, after a well-structured Elimination Phase.
Everyone Loves Cheesecake
This recipe for Low FODMAP Lime Cheesecake Dip is a perfect example of how low FODMAP eating can appeal to a whole family, or guests at a party, whether they are following the diet or not.
This dip tastes like NY Style Cheesecake and folks will ask for the recipe.
It also tastes and looks so much more involved than it is. You can whip this up in no time, once you have the Lemon Curd (lime or lemon version) prepared.
Low FODMAP Lime Cheesecake Dip
Do you LOVE cheesecake? This Low FODMAP Lime Cheesecake Dip is super-simple and lactose-free.
- 8- ounce (225 g) lactose-free cream cheese such as Green Valley Creamery brand
- 1/4 cup (60 g) lactose-free sour cream
- ¼ cup (76 g) plus 2 tablespoons lime curd, divided
- Low FODMAP fruit, such as strawberries, pineapple chunks, carambola, grapes, blueberries threaded onto skewers, etc.
- Low FODMAP cookies or pretzels
Gently but thoroughly stir together the cream cheese, sour cream and 1/4 cup (76 g) of the lime curd until well blended. Scrape into a serving dish. Dollop the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime curd on top and use a butter knife to create swirls. Don’t over mix or you will lose the pretty contrast. The dip is ready to serve but will improve if refrigerated for an hour.
- Serve Low FODMAP Lime Cheesecake Dip with assorted low FODMAP dippers and enjoy!
- Lactose-free cream cheese does NOT work the same in recipes as conventional cream cheese. Do not substitute one for another in recipes.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!