A cocktail is a treat. It should be special, and delicious, and in my opinion, beautiful to look at. The beautiful color, and bold sweetness of the beets in this old fashioned make the drink really spectacular. I used a ginger simple syrup to add an extra little kick.
Beets & FODMAPs
Note from Dédé: Beets are low FODMAP in amounts of 20g, which roughly translates to a couple of slices. But what about beet juice? Well, we are extrapolating for our low FODMAP purposes. The recipe calls for .75 ounces of juice, which is roughly 20g. You could juice your own beets, if you have a juicer. Or you could buy a 100% beet juice product, such as Lakewood Organic Pure Beet Juice. Any which way, try the drink and see how you do. That’s the ultimate test!
And if you haven’t already, Meet Our Mixologist Susan Chatzky!
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
Ginger Beet Old-Fashioned
This farm-fresh version of an old-fashioned cocktail combined the zingy flavor of ginger and the color and sweetness of beet juice - just a little to keep it low FODMAP.
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup/60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup/60 ml) whisky
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) water
- ¾ ounce (about 23 ml) beet juice
- Pour all of the ingredients into a shaker, add ice, shake like crazy and strain into two old-fashioned glasses. Enjoy!