Cranberry Juice Made Special
Looking for a tasty non-alcoholic drink that’s more than water in a glass? This Low FODMAP Cranberry Cinnamon Swizzle combines cranberry juice, cinnamon, a little sweetening from Simple Syrup (as desired) and ginger ale or ginger beer.
Choosing Low FODMAP Cranberry Juice
Many cranberry juices, at least here in the U.S., are made with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). Read the labels and purchase one without. We think the easiest way to do this is to buy unsweetened.
This way you can be sure there are no high FODMAP ingredients in the beverage and you can control the sweetening amount and type of sweetener by using our homemade Simple Syrup, which is a basic combination of cane sugar and water.
Choosing Your Ginger Libation
It can be difficult to find ginger ale without HFCS. Ginger beers, which are non-alcoholic, might be easier to find, and they are nice and gingery!
Some cranberry juices, especially is sweetened first with Simple Syrup will be “heavier” than the ginger beverage and will sink, creating a layered look.
Not all cranberry juices will have the weight to sink, and if yours doesn’t, don’t fret. It will still taste fantastic!
Low FODMAP Cranberry Cinnamon Swizzle
Our Low FODMAP Cranberry Cinnamon Swizzle is a simple non-alcoholic drink that is festive enough for a party, but easy enough for everyday.
- Pour cranberry juice into glass (we used a champagne glass). Add cinnamon and use something long and narrow to stir them together, like a chopstick or long narrow butter knife. Top with ginger beverage and taste. Sweeten with a little Simple Syrup, if desired. Thread a few fresh cranberries on a long bamboo skewer for garnish, if you like. Serve immediately.
- Obviously making this with sparkling water will be the least caloric. Choose what sparkling beverage you want - they are all delicious.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!