The Sea Breeze Mimosa Cocktail, Reimagined
The classic Sea Breeze cocktail combines cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and vodka. Until recently we steered clear of grapefruit but in the fall 2018 Monash University Low FODMAP Diet Smartphone App update, they published new findings that grapefruit is low FODMAP in 80 g portions.
We decided to put a festive twist on the classic cocktail by making it with sparkling wine. We bring you a Low FODMAP Sea Breeze Mimosa!
How Much Grapefruit Is Low FODMAP?
Here is what 80 grams of grapefruit looks like. It’s a generous amount!
As for the cranberry juice, read labels and do not buy any that is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).
We prefer unsweetened cranberry juice and sweeten to taste ourselves, using our low FODMAP Simple Syrup.
BTW I used Smirnoff Cranberry flavored Vodka and I have spoken with the manufacturer about their flavorings.
In the amounts that we recommend in this recipe, the flavored vodka should be low FODMAP.
Low FODMAP Sea Breeze Mimosa
Monash has lab tested and approved 80 g of grapefruit per serving as low FODMAP. If you love grapefruit, try our Low FODMAP Sea Breeze Mimosa.
- Small slice of grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cranberry juice
- 4 ounces (120 ml) sparkling wine
- 1 teaspoon cranberry vodka, optional
- Simple Syrup, optional
Hang a slice of grapefruit on your champagne glass. Add cranberry juice to glass, then top with sparkling wine. Add optional cranberry vodka, if using. Taste and add Simple Syrup if you want it sweeter. Serve immediately.
- I developed this recipe as a way to encourage FODMAPers to branch out. Do not be afraid of trying ingredients that have High AND Low FODMAP amounts.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!