Versatile Low FODMAP Pineapple Salsa
We LOVE this Low FODMAP Pineapple Salsa! It is incredibly versatile, working well with seafood, poultry or meats – even tofu!
It works on salmon (see below).
It works on pork (see below).
We have used it have pan seared tofu and roasted chicken as well. It doesn’t get much more versatile than that! In my book The Low-FODMAP Diet Step by Step I present a similar version with grilled swordfish.
The salmon filet as well as a pork chop were first seasoned with our Low FODMAP Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub.
Make This Salsa Super Quickly
Most well-stocked supermarkets these days will offer fresh pineapple cored and ready-to-use. We highly recommend going this route for ease and as a time saver.
Pineapple & FODMAPs
Pineapple is low FODMAP according to Monash at 1 cup chopped fruit (140 g)! That is a generous amount. If you do not have the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet Smartphone App yet, get it!
It’s a lifesaver. I couldn’t get along without it.
Low FODMAP Pineapple Salsa
This Low FODMAP Pineapple Salsa comes together in a flash, especially if you buy peeled and cored fresh pineapple.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 1 ½ cups (240 g); serving size 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup (6 ounces/170 g) diced pineapple
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Minced jalapeno to taste
- Kosher salt
- Lime juice
Stir together the pineapple, red pepper, scallion and cilantro. Add jalapeno - start with 1 teaspoon. Taste and adjust jalapeno and add salt and lime juice to your preference. This is ALL about the balance between the heat (jalapeno), salt and acid (lime). Just tinker until you love it. This Low FODMAP Pineapple Salsa is ready to use but it does improve after a 30-minute rest for flavors to meld. It is best if used the day it is made. Refrigerate in an airtight container until needed if you won’t be using it for several hours.
- We love buying our pineapple pre-cut. Price-wise it actually ends up being very reasonable because there is no waste. Saves time, too.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday® Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday® is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!