Super Quick & Versatile Maple Mustard Sauce
This sauce was developed when I created the One-Pan Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes with Maple Mustard Sauce, that happens to be an Elimination Safe Recipe.
The simple combination of maple syrup and mustard – in this case part Dijon and part coarse ground mustard – is so easy and yet so flavorful that we decided we had to bring it to you as a stand-alone recipe.
We loved it so much with chicken, we started to wonder, what else could it enhance? Turns out it is a truly fabulous glaze for pork, as in our Pork Loin with Maple Mustard Sauce.
Just How Versatile is It?
We like it paired with foods as they cook as well as a slather to go on after the protein is done. Try it on salmon steaks, ham or even as a condiment for turkey burgers.
Make sure to use pure maple syrup, of course. Sometimes if we are in a rush we pick up a bottle. When we are having one of our better planning days we take advantage of the bulk maple syrup in our local Whole Foods store as it is more economical.
One-Bowl, All-Purpose Maple Mustard Sauce
Our One-Bowl, All-Purpose Maple Mustard Sauce works with everything from tofu to turkey, pork to salmon. Use as a basting sauce while cooking and/or as a condiment served alongside.
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes about 1 cup (240 ml); about 8 servings; serving size about 2 tablespoons
- Simple whisk together the maple syrup and both mustards until smooth. Use as a glaze before cooking or as a slather or sauce after. Try topping meatloaf or salmon, pork or even tofu! Sauce will keep for 1 week in refrigerator in an airtight container, but we usually just make it right before we need it.
- The blends of the two types of mustard really makes this sauce what it is, so don't skimp!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!