What is Chocolate Shell?
Chocolate Shell is a chocolate sauce that hardens when it hits cold ice cream. It shatters when you dig in with your spoon. It appears to be super fancy and special – and it is special – but it only takes 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes to make! And, ours is Low FODMAP Chocolate Shell!
First you need good chocolate. For these purposes we recommend a dark chocolate of about 50% cacao mass and not more than 55%. The other ingredient is coconut oil and we suggest refined coconut oil, which will not be as coconutty tasting. Not that there is anything wrong with coconut flavor, but in this recipe we want the chocolate flavor to shine through. That’s it. You just melt them together.
You might enjoy our article, All About Dark Chocolate & The Low FODMAP Diet.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
Low FODMAP Chocolate Shell
Low FODMAP Chocolate Shell is easy to make with two ingredients. Just pour this chocolate sauce on your ice cream and it will harden into a shatteringly hard shell that contrasts so well with the creamy ice cream.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl in microwave on half power or in top of double boiler. When three-quarters of there way melted, remove from heat and gently stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool a little bit before drizzling over ice cream.
- I like to make this right before I need it. You can refrigerate in an airtight container and reheat before using.