Low FODMAP Frozen Beverages
I love tropical fruit. I don’t know if it is because tropical fruit for us is “exotic” or if it is the flavors themselves; I think it is a little bit if both. I do miss chowing down on mangoes – they are very high FODMAP, but there are many tropical fruits that are low FODMAP and I have combined coconut, pineapple and passion fruit all together in this blended frozen beverage that I call a Low FODMAP Tropical Frosty.
Watch Your Portions
As mentioned, coconut can be low FODMAP, as can pineapple and passion fruit – in particular portions. Let’s look at the FODMAPs, one by one.
- Coconut contains sorbitol
- Passion fruit contains fructans
- Pineapple contains fructans
This breakdown is important to pay attention to so that you can learn about Stacking FODMAPs. Simply put, this means that the passion fruit and pineapple in particular must be in small enough portions so that the total of the two does not create a FODMAP overload of fructans. Please follow our serving size recommendations to keep the Tropical Frosty beverage low FODMAP.
You can sweeten the drink if you like with Simple Syrup.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
Low FODMAP Tropical Frosty
Our Low FODMAP Tropical Frosty combines coconut milk and fresh passion fruit and pineapple.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) full fat or lite canned coconut milk, preferably chilled
- 4 ounces (115 g) fresh or canned and drained pineapple
- Pulp of 1 (38 g ) ripe passion fruit, (just scoop it out with a spoon)
- Ice cubes
- Simple Syrup
- Toasted coconut flakes optional
Pour coconut milk into blender carafe, then add the pineapple and passion fruit. Pulse on and off the blend then add a bunch of ice cubes (start with 6) and blend on high to create a thick, frosty beverage. Taste and add Simple Syrup to taste, if you like. Pour in glasses, garnish with toasted coconut flakes, if desired and add a straw!