Easy to Make Low FODMAP Tuna Macaroni Salad
It is great for a great lunch or snack dish that we have found is very welcomed at cookouts and potlucks.
Read our All About Canned Tuna article for some background information on buying canned tuna; they are not all the same, and as always, we want you to buy the best ingredients as possible to get the most delicious – and low FODMAP – results.
This Makes A LOT!
This recipe makes a lot of Tuna Macaroni Salad; enough for bringing to a potluck and feeding a crowd. You can halve the recipe, if you like.
I based it on a 12-ounce (340 g) box of pasta, as I have a pet peeve about having half-used pasta boxes leftover, but you might feel differently.
Al Dente? Not Always
For this Tuna Macaroni Salad, which will be refrigerated for storage, cook the pasta a little softer than al dente for best results.
The pasta salad is very lightly seasoned. It is meant to be mild and appeal to kids, adults, FODMAPers and everyone else.
We love this for a take-to-school or office lunch. Make sure to place a cold pack in your lunchbox or bag.
Tuna & Pasta
Low FODMAP Tuna Macaroni Salad
This Low FODMAP Tuna Macaroni Salad is a mashup of classic tuna salad and good 'ole American macaroni salad!
Low FODMAP Serving Size Info: Makes 14 cups!!!!; serving size up to 1 cup
- 12 ounces (340 g) low FODMAP, gluten-free small elbow macaroni, such as Ronzoni Gluten-Free Elbow Pasta, cooked a little softer than al dente, drained and cooled
- 3, 5- ounce (142 g cans) of white or light tuna, oil or water packed, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 cup (16 g) finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (32 g) finely chopped scallions, green parts only
- 3/4 cup (170 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dried or fresh dill optional
In a large bowl gently fold together the pasta, tuna, chopped green and red peppers, celery, parsley and scallions until combined. Add the mayo, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and fold everything together very well. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Add dill, to taste, if you like.
The Tuna Macaroni Salad is ready to serve or may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- This makes a great summer dish to bring to a cookout or casual party. It makes a lot, packs well and you will know that you have something low FODMAP and hearty to eat.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.