Let’s Make Low FODMAP Honey Roasted Chili Lime Chicken Wings
Honey is a relatively high FODMAP food, but honey is low FODMAP in 1 teaspoon portions. That is how we are able to use it in this recipe for Low FODMAP Honey Roasted Chili Lime Chicken Wings IF you stick to the serving size.
Can I Eat More Than The Recommended Serving Size?
Yes, you can eat a larger serving size, if you tolerate fructose well. It is all individual and you will learn your specific fructose tolerance during a well-structured Challenge Phase. I can eat double the serving size and not experience symptoms. Always pay attention to your own needs.
Sweet & Acid
Most of you know about sweet, salty, bitter and sour flavors. There is also umami, which you can read about in our article on this important flavor. For this Low FODMAP Honey Roasted Chili Lime Chicken Wings recipe the balance is all about the sweet from the honey, the acid (sour) from the lime and the spicy from the dry rub. The salt (salty) balances it all out, without becoming a main flavor component. If the dish seems to be lacking something, try accessing which of these flavors you think is missing and then add more of what is lacking. It often takes adding more than one ingredient to create balance.
Different commercially prepared spice blends will have different balances of ingredients, which might necessitate you playing around a little bit.
Wings, Wings, Wings
We love chicken wings here at FODMAP Everyday®. Check out our article on All About Chicken Wings to get the basics. Then, if you are a chicken lover too, take a look at our Pesto Chicken Wings, Smoky Spicy Chicken Wings, Sticky Asian Chicken Wings, 5-Spice Chicken Wings, Maple Dijon Chicken Wings and our Pizza Chicken Wings.
Low FODMAP Honey Roasted Chili Lime Chicken Wings
We have several low FODMAP chicken wings and this is our latest entry - sticky, sweet, with heat and the zest of lime.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) chicken wings, chicken wings, made up of drumettes and flats (about 24 individual separated chicken wing pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic-Infused Oil, made with vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons low FODMAP Dry Rub or purchased low FODMAP taco or BBQ seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C. Line a rimmed half-sheet pan with aluminum foil and set a rack on top; set aside.
- Place wings in mixing bowl and coat with Garlic-Infused Oil. I like to use my hands, but you can use tongs. Add honey, dry rub, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest and a generous amount of salt and pepper and turn wings to coat well. Arrange wings evenly spaced on rack set on rimmed pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then turn all the wings over. Roast for another 10 minutes and turn them over again. Roast for another 10 minutes and check for doneness. Wings should be browned evenly and just cooked through and register 160°F/71°C with an instant read thermometer. Roast further, if necessary.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining lime juice and zest and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!