No FODMAP Cod can easily figure into your weeknight plans. In fact, it will take the oven longer to preheat than it will take for you to prep the fish! This recipe for no FODMAP cod is part of our no FODMAP group of recipes.
Cod Is No FODMAP
We love cod, and especially love cod loins, which are thick, tender, flaky and oh so versatile. Being a fish, cod is pure protein and therefore no FODMAP. A little oil, salt and pepper and a hot oven and you have a quick no FODMAP fish dinner.
Fish, Oil & Seasonings
Buy cod as fresh as possible. For the oil, use an olive oil that you love the flavor of. And for seasonings we like kosher salt for our savory cooking and always freshly grind our pepper.
Ingredients For No FODMAP Cod
Keep it simple – and use fresh fish and high quality ingredients.
Or Go Low FODMAP
If you want to broaden your choices for serving, taking this beyond no FODMAP, serve with our Low FODMAP Strawberry Salsa for a fabulous low FODMAP dish.
Make sure to visit our other No FODMAP recipes to help you build your meals throughout the days and weeks:
- No FODMAP Vegetable Salad
- No FODMAP Baked Potato
- No FODMAP Fruit Salad
- No FODMAP Malt Vinegar Salad Dressing
- No FODMAP Leafy Green Salad
- No FODMAP Rice
- No FODMAP Steak
- No FODMAP Chicken Paillard
No FODMAP Cod
Add this recipe for No FODMAP Cod to your regular weeknight rotation.
- 1- pound (455 g) fresh cod loin
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place cod loin on roasting pan and brush generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 10-minutes per 1-inch (2.5 cm) of thickness or until fish is opaque and flakes easily, but do not overcook. Serve immediately.
Our recipes are based on Monash University and FODMAP Friendly science.
- Oil: All pure oils are fats and contain no carbohydrates, therefore they contain no FODMAPs.
Please always refer to the Monash University & FODMAP Friendly smartphone apps for the most up-to-date lab tested information. As always, your tolerance is what counts; please eat accordingly. The ultimate goal of the low FODMAP diet is to eat as broadly as possible, without triggering symptoms, for the healthiest microbiome.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more. For a more detailed explanation, please read our article Understanding The Nutrition Panel Within Our Recipes.