20-Minute Low FODMAP Pasta Sauce
Need a quick and easy veggie based pasta sauce for a weeknight? One that you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes (20 minutes if you are super organized)? This Quick & Easy Low FODMAP Eggplant Zucchini Tomato Pasta Sauce is it – and it also happens to be vegan if you do not add the optional Parmesan topping.
The eggplant and zucchini and tomato are a classic trio. Garlic-Infused Oil, make with olive oil, enhances the flavor of the dish, as does a little dried basil.
Make sure your dried basil is fresh! When it comes to dried herbs only buy what you will use within 6 months. If your herb and spice collection is gathering dust, it is time to go shopping!
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday®Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday®is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!
Quick & Easy Low FODMAP Eggplant Zucchini Tomato Pasta Sauce
Need a 20-minute, vegetable based pasta sauce? This Quick & Easy Low FODMAP Eggplant Zucchini Tomato Pasta Sauce is perfect.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Garlic-Infused Oil, make with olive oil or purchased equivalent, divided
- 1 pound (455 g) eggplant, trimmed and cut into ½-inch (12 mm) dice, with skin included
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8- ounces (225 g ) zucchini, trimmed and cut into ½-inch (12 mm) dice
- ¼ cup (20 g) chopped scallions, green parts only
- 1, 14.5 ounce can (411 g) diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Parmesan, optional
- Heat a nonreactive large skillet over medium heat; add about 1 ½ tablespoons of oil and heat till shimmering. Add about half of the eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until softened, browned and cooked through. Remove to a bowl. Repeat with about 1 ½ tablespoons of the oil and the rest of the eggplant, adding to bowl when done.
- Add last tablespoons of oil to the skillet and sauté the zucchini ands scallions until the zucchini is crisp tender. Add the eggplant back to the skillet along with the tomatoes and basil. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer for a few more minutes to build flavor.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta and save a little bit of cooking water as you drain it. Toss the pasta with your sauce and a little reserved water to help the sauce coat the pasta. Serve immediately. The dish is vegan. If you eat cheese and want to embellish with Parmesan, be our guest!