You Can Eat Dessert on the Low FODMAP Diet!
Did you know that the low FODMAP diet DOES INCLUDE DESSERTS? YAY! This article, the Best Low FODMAP Desserts, brings you right to our very favorites, from cakes to cookies, bars and brownies, puddings to pies, tarts, crisps, cobblers and even strudel and baklava.
The very word “diet” can sound scary and make you think of deprivation and all of the things that you cannot have. Luckily for us, the low FODMAP diet has strict definitions, which once understood, allows us to have a very broad diet THAT INCLUDES DESSERTS!
That’s what FODMAP Everyday®is about – we will show you how to THRIVE on the low FODMAP diet – and this includes being able to eat dessert!
Below are 70 of our EXCLUSIVE Low FODMAP Desserts –
Developed in our own Test Kitchen JUST FOR YOU!
…And these are just some of our dessert recipes. Use our Recipe Filter to search for whatever you are looking for!
The Best Low FODMAP Cookies
- One-Bowl Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- One-Bowl Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Classic Biscotti
- Low FODMAP Rugelach!
- Coconut Macaroons
- Holiday Sugar Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- Pumpkin Cranberry Oat Breakfast Cookies
- And a Giant Happy Birthday Cookie!
The Best Low FODMAP Brownies, Blondies & Bars
- Decadent Chocolate Brownies
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- PB & J Cream Cheese Brownies
- Chocolate Chunk Nut Blondies
- Soft, Chewy Granola Bars
- Cappuccino Rice Crispy Treats
- Espresso Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte Blondies
- Toasted Almond Coconut Fudge Brownies
- Browned Butter Maple Nut Bars
The Best Low FODMAP Cakes & Cupcakes
- The Best Basic Low FODMAP Yellow Cake
- Red Velvet Cake with Cooked Vanilla Icing
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Gingersnap Crust
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Low FODMAP Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
- Teeny Tiny Coconut Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Banana Cake
- Chocolate Chestnut Buche de Noel
The Best Low FODMAP Pies & Tarts
- All-Butter Pie Crust & our Crostata & Tart Crust
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Rhubarb Lattice Pie
- Lemon Tart in a Shortbread Crust
- Lactose-Free Cheesecake Pie
- Classic Blueberry Pie
- Browned Butter Salted Caramel Pecan Pie!
- Salted Caramel Apple Pecan Pie!
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- Fourth of July Flag Slab Pie
The Best Low FODMAP Desserts & Pastries
- Honey Walnut Baklava
- Apple Strudel
- Strawberry Pavlova
- Chocolate Marbled Pavlova with Kiwi, Raspberries and Pomegranate
- Chocolate Soufflés
- Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Classic Strawberry Shortcakes
- Champagne Gelée with Raspberries & Pomegranate
- Dark Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
The Best Low FODMAP Candy, Chocolates & Sweet Treats
- Gingerbread Caramel Crunch Popcorn
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Spiced Fruit & Nut Brittle
- Chocolate Pomegranate Bark
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Low FODMAP Pecan Toffee
- Muddy Buddies
- Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Crispy Treats
- Sweet n’ Salty Caramel Popcorn
- Meringue Mushrooms
The Best Breads, Muffins, Scones & Biscuits
- Reduced Fat, Reduced Sugar Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
- Low FODMAP Rhubarb Scones
- Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Flaky, Buttery Biscuits
- Low FODMAP Pumpkin Biscuits
- Low FODMAP Apple Muffins
- Vegan Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Dédé = Desserts
By the way, I don’t want to come across as tooting my own horn, but baking is what I do! Dessert creation is my lifeblood. Robin teases me because even if I were not creating desserts for all of you, I would be in the Test Kitchen doing it anyway! I have written 17 cookbooks on sweets, baking and desserts (as well as several books on cooking, including The Low-FODMAP Diet Step by Step), so rest assured, you will not find better low FODMAP dessert recipes anywhere else! And I am Monash University trained and accredited by FODMAP Friendly, so you can rest assured that these recipes will work with your low FODMAP lifestyle.
We even have treats like Chocolate Covered Matzo and Low FODMAP Gluten-Free Hamantaschen with the most delectable poppy seed filling! Want to give your Bundt pan a workout? Try our Banana Nut Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze. Black & White Brownies are easy to make and a Bake Sale hit. Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes satisfy chocolate lovers and those who like creamy custards.
Looking for an easy, healthy muffin? Our Banana Carrot Chia Corn Muffins are an all-in-one powerhouse treat. Our Grape Tart is unusual, Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are about as chocolaty as it gets, although the Double Chocolate Chip Muffins will give them a run for the money. Ditto our Mini Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes and Brookies.
Looking for a flourless cake that’s a little fancy? Our Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Cake is elegant, yet easy.
Need a vegan treat? Our Vegan Scones are perfect.
Classics can go lofo too such as our Low FODMAP Pecan Butterballs.
Never baked with grapes? Our Grape & Apple Crisp will turn you into a convert.
If you are a baker and following the low FODMAP diet, you need our book, Low FODMAP Baking.
It is a 275 page e-book that has EVERYTHING you need to know about low FODMAP baking.
And the recipes are gluten-free and lactose-free!
The book includes:
- Info on Equipment
- All About Substitution Dos and Dont’s
- Low FODMAP Flour Blends
- A Huge Section All About Chocolate
- How to Make the Perfect Bakery-Style Cookies
- The Best Way to Cut Brownies & Bars
- A Basics Chapter
- Over 60 recipes!
- All for $3.99 US
Low FODMAP Recipes Created Just For You!
We take low FODMAP recipes seriously at FODMAP Everyday®. That’s why Dédé oversees our Test Kitchen and makes sure that each and every recipe works – and is low FODMAP following the most up-to-date science.
Read our article How Are Low FODMAP Recipes Created? for more in-depth information.
Rest assured that you will not find more trustworthy or delicious low FODMAP recipes anywhere – several hundred and counting.
FODMAP Everyday® Low FODMAP Recipes At A Glance:
- FODMAP Everyday® is accredited by FODMAP Friendly.
- Dédé is low FODMAP trained by Monash University.
- Dédé is also individual accredited as a recipe developer and FODMAP educator by FODMAP Friendly.
- We maintain our own professional Test Kitchen.
- Dédé has over 30 years of professional recipe development experience, including her stint as a Contributing Editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has written 17 cookbooks.
Come Join Our Low FODMAP Recipe Community!
Use Our Exclusive Recipe Filter To Find The Low FODMAP Recipe You Are Looking For Today!